Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Gxi 1.8

Jones~32

Anyone got one of these?

Are they any good? Handle well, etc? :bookworm:

I've got a 5dr model at the moment, but its only a 1.3

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Mike

Not as quick as the previous GT's and GTi's but deamed to be a little better against rust than GT's and GTi's.

The AE101 range (yours) ran from late 1992 to early 1997 but the 1.8 GXi (I think!) was only made from 1993 to 1995 so they are quite a rare performance Corolla and at the moment they do represent good value for money, plus they never seemed to get the 'Barryboy' image thus most have not been thrashed to death.

Thanks for that :thumbsup:

Its just one has come up, and its too good to refuse for the money :)

Decisions :wacko:

How much is it?

And importantly how much mileage it has done?

cheers,

Kamran

How much is it?

And importantly how much mileage it has done?

cheers,

Kamran

Its done 105k i'm told, in black, needs a bit of work doing to it though.

The price? lets just say its good :P

What happened to wanting a G6R?

I am still looking, but now ive got around about the right money, can't seem to get hold of one!

Just pricing this up at the moment, because it would save me a lot of money, and would still be a good car i think, until im old enough to insure something a bit quicker :D

What happened to wanting a G6R?

I am still looking, but now ive got around about the right money, can't seem to get hold of one!

Just pricing this up at the moment, because it would save me a lot of money, and would still be a good car i think, until im old enough to insure something a bit quicker :D

how old are you? im 19 with two years no claims and am comprehensive on my SR( virtually the same car apart from the Badge and side skirts) for only £662 under my own policy. I did get quoted by toyota insurance at over £2K! :lol:

how old are you? im 19 with two years no claims and am comprehensive on my SR( virtually the same car apart from the badge and side skirts) for only £662 under my own policy. I did get quoted by toyota insurance at over £2K!  :lol:

Im 20 in 9 days, but ive only been driving 18 months, and as a named driver, so my quotes are always quite high with no NCB...

£662 is well good :thumbsup:

its things like Corolla T-Sports, Celicas, Ins companies just dont wanna know :lol:

The AE102's are great wee motors, and like the man said dont tend to get the boy racer image. I got mine for £550, no rust, full service history but a knacked engine, another £400 and one day in the drive fixed that.

Looking to put the 4AZGE engine, or 4AGE 20V in her to boost the performance for the car.

I have already changed the headlights, and the lowering springs are getting fitted this weekend so i'll keep you all updated with some pictures when she's done.

The AE102's are great wee motors, and like the man said dont tend to get the boy racer image. I got mine for £550, no rust, full service history but a knacked engine, another £400 and one day in the drive fixed that.

Looking to put the 4AZGE engine, or 4AGE 20V in her to boost the performance for the car.

I have already changed the headlights, and the lowering springs are getting fitted this weekend so i'll keep you all updated with some pictures when she's done.

from what ive heard and researched the 20V isn't that great in comparison to the ZE as the torque difference is substantial :eek:

and the fact you have to rag the !Removed! off the 20v to get it to go anywhere!

still, they are both better than my engine! :P

from what ive heard and researched the 20V isn't that great in comparison to the ZE as the standard power/torque difference is substantial :eek:

Yeh my brother keeps trying to talk me in to the ZE but there is something about quad throttle bodys :drool:

Yeh my brother keeps trying to talk me in to the ZE but there is something about quad throttle bodys :drool:

throttle boddies are only good on golf gti 16v's ;)

i jest, of course. Its entirly up to you what you do!

Thanks for that :thumbsup:

have you got any pics of your AE102 that i could see?

im also going to be lowering this if i get it, do you know what offset wheels i need for 17s?

Cheers :thumbsup:

Mike

[Hey jones! I also have a E10 liftback 1.3. Id love 2 c some pics of yours if you hav any. Im in the middle of kitting mine up. As for wheels I would reccomend that you dont go over 16" as I have 16's (205/45 R16) on mine but they catch on the rear arch lips, which im going to have to get rolled soon.

[Hey jones!  I also have a E10 liftback 1.3.  Id love 2 c some pics of yours if you hav any.  Im in the middle of kitting mine up.  As for wheels I would reccomend that you dont go over 16" as I have 16's (205/45 R16) on mine but they catch on the rear arch lips, which im going to have to get rolled soon.

Hi,

Not got any pics of my E10 unfortunately, but its completely standard so it doesnt look much anyways :lol:

As for the GXI, i've bought one and am in the process of making it roadworthy at the moment, as it failed its MOT before i got it, so i got it for really good money :D

I've got some KYB shocks and lowering springs from fensport which have arrived today, and this weekend im hoping to get it finished, then its down to Demon Tweeks i suppose to see about getting some wheels, im also not sure whether 17s will fit, but im gonna try :thumbsup:

I remember seeing someones profile on here who had a 3 door version like mine with 17s and said they didnt rub, but can't remember who :(

I'll get some pics up of my GXI once its done :yes:

i'll have to look out for you tearing up the streets of warrington in your new ride  :P

nice one!

Yeah, somethin like that :lol:

keeping within the speed limit of course :rolleyes:

Nice one mate, look forward to seeing what it looks like when its sorted :thumbsup:

Me too :D

Just been in Halfords, lookin at the alloys in there :ffs: some of the prices! :ffs:

Think i'll be avoiding there :lol:

Anyone know where i can get alloys at a good price? :help:

Cheers :thumbsup:

Jones~32 Posted Today, 02:08 PM

Me too 

Just been in Halfords, lookin at the alloys in there  some of the prices! 

Apart from the wheels being some crazy prices (although they do have special offers sometimes to bring prices to 'normal' level) they also issue them with some very 'iffy' cheap tyres!

they also issue them with some very 'iffy' cheap tyres!

Yeah, seen some in there that come with

"Budget performance tyres"

:lol:

most places (apart from halfords) tend to be much of a muchness with alloys. i got mine from wheelbase in oldham. but in the past, i've got them from demon tweeks, and there's also meant to be a place in wigan that's quite good. oh yeah, there's dave sheldon tyres in manchester as well

most places (apart from halfords) tend to be much of a muchness with alloys. i got mine from wheelbase in oldham. but in the past, i've got them from demon tweeks, and there's also meant to be a place in wigan that's quite good. oh yeah, there's dave sheldon tyres in manchester as well

Cheers for that :thumbsup: think Demon Tweeks is gonna be a safe bet, I want to see them on the car first, so that rules out buying off the net...