Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Psp

Demonic Angel

Anyone else got one of these yet?

Sony PlayStation Portable

Rich's got delivered today - its a Japanese one from a guy on eBay - brand new, but no games (yet!) - new version too!

Its such a brilliant little thing - the screen is so clear and crisp - an absolute bargain for £179! I'm not sure when they are out here, its soon though I think.... anyone thinking about it should get one - I'm really impressed with it! :thumbsup:

Plenty on eBay for those interested!! :thumbsup:

Make sure you don't drop it.. even from 3 inches on to a sofa.. the sales rep in Game told me NOT to allow my son to buy one.. seemingly the screens are very fragile and break very easily, this guy's mate has gone through 4 PSP's from Japan.

Having said that.. you say yours is the "new version" ? maybe this fault has been sorted out.. i don't know. Hopefully all will be fine with Rich's.. looks a cracking wee console, but for now, my oldest is sticking to his Nintendo DS (fantastic thing too)

Rich really liked the look of the Nintendo DS too..... but I think thats just a games console isnt it, whereas the PSP is a multi-media handheld thingymagiggy! :lol:

I'm sure the one we have is the updated version, they sorted a lot of a problems from the initial batch out, but Rich is holding onto it like its his favourite toy on his birthday at the moment - I doubt he'll drop it!

Thats funny someone in GAME telling you NOT to buy something..... they should be trying to rake in the pre-orders, not turn customers away! :lol::lol:

Any problems with the Japanese version I'd imagine would be sorted for the European version anyway, although I hear the screens are different with the European ones, not so crisp apparently - one of the reasons Rich wanted a Japanese one (plus he's impatient! lol)

Cracking bit of kit anyway - maybe I'll get to have a go on it in less than 5 years time? :lol::lol:

lol could he not wait 3 weeks. we are takin pre-orders at the moment (only taken 1 in 2 weeks) and they are goin to be priced at £170

Nahh - plus he wanted a Japanese one cause apparently they're slightly better quality.... who am I to argue.... we have a PSP in the house! :D :D

Oooh do you know when your place is taking pre orders for XBox 360 Chris?

The Ds is really just a games console.. but it has something called Pictochat.. which is an intant messaging tool that can be used to chat to other people useing Pictochat.. wireles upto 100ft or connected to the internet via wi-fi for unlimited( i assume) distance. It also doubles up as a wireless controler for the new revoloution.. as does the PSP for the PS3 (i think)

not heard a thing about it yet em. but as soon as i know ill let u know :thumbsup:

Coolies - I know its out before Christmas.... that'll be Richs Christmas present sorted! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

My friend from Honk Kong has had one for a while now, trying to get him to get me some jap stuff for my car......but no luck yet :(

The graphics are amazing and it is much better than Nintendo's effort!

The only thing that I didn't like about it was that you had to use the little joystick type thing for the games, rather than the up-down cross thing!

But overall I was very impressed!

Some places are taking preorders already. Nearly fainted when I heard the price! :ph34r:

Didn't the original version have the "ejecting game syndrome" too?

Would fire games straight out of the slot after a matter of seconds...

:D

The screens are fine! i have had one since christmas... i got it a week after they sold out in japan :D

they are great little things! the Nintendo dosn't even come close!

DA do you have wi-fi at home? if so you run the software update... the you can have your own wallpapers and browse the internet :)

Some places are taking preorders already. Nearly fainted when I heard the price! :ph34r:

what do you mean - current predictions are £210 for the console... (although i still think it will be nearer £300 by the time its released)

well im in work atm. and there is no info on the intranet site about when the 360 will be out and how much it will be

ok i take it back. information has just come thru.

there are 2 different ones

Xbox 360 Core System Xbox 360 Console +

Wired Controller

AV Cable

£209.99

Xbox 360 Xbox 360 Console +

Wireless ControllerHard Drive (20GB)

Ethernet CableHD CableHeadset

Remote Control

£279.99

pre orders are £20 and they are going to be released at the end of november

The XBox 360, like the PSP, will come as two different packages when its released... a basic package containing just the console, controller etc and a deluxe pack which has extra stuff, like memory sticks etc, so the price will differ between the two but I heard about £200 for the basic package...

Basic PSP pack is £170, but Rich got the deluxe pack, which is £220 and you get headphones, case etc etc.

I think they're brilliant bits of kit - ok so the PSP is never gonna bring peach to the world or cure disease.... but for what they do, they're brilliant..... was watching movie trailers on it last night - the picture is incredible!

beat u to it em. u took so long with ur post i got all the info :P

lol am very busy with work today, thats why it took me so long!! lol

Good excuse I think (NOT! lol)

what do you mean - current predictions are £210 for the console... (although i still think it will be nearer £300 by the time its released)

You should here the price of the "ultimate package". Comes with most kit you could ever want, and it totals £700 :wacko:

They're not going preorders for any ultimate package - I was told it was just the two - normal and deluxe.....

Cant afford the Ultimate Package!

Just thinking where the best place to preorder will be.....

Tempted by the psp! Not had my ps2 long tho so i may have to wait a little while for it! :(

Not to happy with the xbox's at the moment! Ours decided it doesnt want to play games anymore! :censor: :angry:

They're not going preorders for any ultimate package - I was told it was just the two - normal and deluxe.....

Yeah the normal and deluxe are the standard packages in the UK

The ultimate is from a pr company for peeps in the industry, only a few peeps have taken the offer tho suprisingly lol :lol:

Yeah the normal and deluxe are the standard packages in the UK

The ultimate is from a pr company for peeps in the industry, only a few peeps have taken the offer tho suprisingly lol :lol:

Ahhh I gotcha!

lol Not surprised at that!

Well the Currys in Rugby arent taking orders yet so looks like I'll be pre-ordering from Amazon!

Does anyone know what the launch titles will be? (For XBox 360, not PSP! lol)