Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I've Just Bought An Avensis...

VTECFUN

Hi Everyone, I've just bought a new shape Avensis 03 reg 1.8 T3-S.

We've got a new corolla and yaris in the family so we're into our toyota's but ive got some questions on the Avensis for you guys.

Firstly does anyone know how to get the boot open while the car is still started?! I can only open the boot when the key is out of the ignition and I press the button on the fob.

I've read that you can turn annoying seat belt noise off, I've done this on the corolla and it works great. I'm not sure what the previous owner has done but basically only the passenger seat beep works, when I sit on the drivers seat (obviously :)) the seatbelt light doesnt come on the dash and it doesnt beep when I drive off. However when I've got a passenger and he / she doesnt put the belt on it beeps and the passenger light thing on the centre console flashes. I'm thinking the theres something up with the seatbelt tensioner thing which thinks the belt is on when its not?

Also i'd like to add the other people on here and say the standard toyota sat nav is useless!

Thanks

I'll post some pics up as soon as I get some....

Opening the boot - there shouldn't be a problem opening it when turned on, sounds like a fault

If I remeber well, the boot has security lock. Check in the book (manuals). If you don't have it, tell me, I'll check in mine

Opening the boot - there shouldn't be a problem opening it when turned on, sounds like a fault

If I remeber well, the boot has security lock. Check in the book (manuals). If you don't have it, tell me, I'll check in mine

sat nav is brilliant i love it. unfortunately its not portable. ive compared mine to the tom tom @the same time as the toyota one and thought the toyota one was much better and clearer.try it if you know anyone that will loan u one :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links