Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Best Tyres

Mosrite

Depends on what size tyres you have.. 15" and above.. Toyo T1=s or T1-r's.. if you have standard 14".. the Goodyear, \\bridgestone, or Continental... just my opinion though.

I've got goodyear F1's and they are good :thumbsup: , haven't had any probs.

I've had "Michelin Pilot Sport Exalto" tyres for the last 18 months and they performed very well for both handling and durability. The downside is they were prone to wheelspin on a wet uphill start.

I've now switched to Toyo Proxes T1-R and I have to admit I'm impressed. I went for them as I've heard many good reviews and they are £20 cheaper than the Michelin's. I've not had them on long enough to assess their durability but the level of grip is phenomenal.

HTH

So are Toyo T1-R's alot better than T1-S's then, and whats the difference?

Currently using Dunlop SP Sport 9000 and they are good in the dry but not so good in the wet. And i find u get alot of road noise from them aswell.

toyo t1-r's are just over £50 inc vat a tyre on etyres.co.uk and they come to your car to fit them which i think is great

Jay

Whatever you do don't go for the standard fit (for French built Yari) Goodyear GT2 - they're apalling. The Bridgestone B391 fitted to Japan-built Yari are considerably better in all respects (dry handling, wet handing and road noise)

A

Goodyear GT2 - they're apalling.

Apallings not the word!!!!!!!

The amount of time iv wheelspun with those on IN THE DRY is very worrying! :eek:

And you should try it with the D-4D... all that torque and no way to put it on to the road :rolleyes:

My french built Yarii has it's 2nd set of tyres I believe (cause I'm now on 18500 miles!).

I believe they're bridgestones though, but I'd have to double-check....

Whatever they are, I find them absolutely fine.

My Yaris is a standard 1.0 VVT-I tyres size 175/65 R14

Thanks you all for your suggestions and advices :)

Greetings!

Ive not long had some avons put on mine, the grip is brilliant in the wet, only a tad of wheelspin, and that was from a hill start! really good in the dry too! im very impressed with them!

My Yaris is a standard 1.0 VVT-I  tyres size 175/65 R14

Thanks you all for your suggestions and advices  :)

Greetings!

Get the Bridgestone B391's (that'll be what's fitted to Gnome's too). They're cheap and decent and you can always swap them on to your wheelbarrow if its tyre goes flat ;)

I tried both on #1 which had the same tyre size as yours. As I said before , the Bridgestones were superior in all ways (better fuel consimption with them too...).

The T1-Rs are well out of the question I think...

:thumbsup:

Alan

Think you need to ask what you expect out of a tire...before you go looking at them. What kinda driving do you do etc etc.

No point going for soft tyres if your on the motorway alot for example. Type of tyre you choose totally depends on how you plan to use them.

As for judging how good a tyre is partly by wheel spin.... poor driver , lack of control - doesn't matter what the tyre is, can easily wheel spin them, that means jack.

vipes

My Yaris is a standard 1.0 VVT-I  tyres size 175/65 R14

Thanks you all for your suggestions and advices  :)

Greetings!

Get the Bridgestone B391's (that'll be what's fitted to Gnome's too). They're cheap and decent and you can always swap them on to your wheelbarrow if its tyre goes flat ;)

I tried both on #1 which had the same tyre size as yours. As I said before , the Bridgestones were superior in all ways (better fuel consimption with them too...).

The T1-Rs are well out of the question I think...

Alan

I agree with Alan here.. bridgestones is probably going to be your best buy. The Toyo T1-r's are not available in your size, Toyo will do the R610, not as good as the Bridgestone IMO.

why are yoko"s no good i thought they were a good tyre ? :eek:

Yokohama ARE good tyres... if its grip you are after, they grip like s*** to a blanket.. but they are of a very soft compound, and tend to wear out quite quickly.

I'd say the Bridgestones aswell, got them on my standard wheels and they seem fine, not as good as my Toyo's mind but still pretty decent! :thumbsup:

Living up here in the snow belt I also run winter tyres. I have Vredstein Snowtrac 2's and they're fantastic wet or dry. They're rated to the same speeds as the standard tyres and look much cooler (they're directional)

There's a pic in My Garage

Only a tiny fuel consumption penalty too.

Alan

(now I'll go work on that portfolio Ryan :lol: )

Goodyear GT2 - they're apalling.

Apallings not the word!!!!!!!

The amount of time iv wheelspun with those on IN THE DRY is very worrying! :eek:

I find them very easy to wheel spin in the wet - never had it happen in the dry yet..the amount of wheel spin in the wet when moving off from stationary is worrying. It's not like I rev her hard or anything :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links