Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T Sport Production Ceased

RUGBY MAD

:(

Just been told by a fellow tsport owner that the corolla tsport is no more . Hope the replacement is good ( kompressor . fingers crossed :P ). His dealer said it was due to emissions although there are still a fair few unsold . If anyone was thinking aboutgetting one , best do it now.

cheers all

RM

Same with the Celica..........hence the GT come about to sell off final stock. I heard that there is enough stock to last until the end of the year and a month or so into 2006. Might be the same with the Corolla too....

Shame :(

as far as i know we're still producing them.

Apparently the MR2 and Celica production might have ended, not sure about the Corolla TS.

However, it is certain that the 2zzge is a Euro 3 engine and therefore not likely to be around much longer in its current form I guess.

I wonder if they will put the new 180hp diesel in the Corolla instead?

Paul.

Codswallop......

Corolla TS, is still in production, and will be for the forseable future

the MR2 and Celica production will stop at the end of the year

They have stopped selling the TS on the German Toyota site and started taking orders for the Kompressor Corolla at more than 30 000 Euro !!!!

the MR2 and Celica production will stop at the end of the year

That is not what the Toyota rep said at JAE ... although they reckon they have enough to go on selling them into 2006.

Paul.

Hello everyone,i was on Toyota's German site and the Corolla TS Compressor is for sale at 29,700 euros

SORRY GUYS , JUST RANG A DEALER MYSELF WHO CONFIRMED THE END OF PRODUCTION FOR THE COROLLA ( 189 BHP) TSPORT ALTHOUGH THEY COULD STILL GET ME ANY COLOUR FROM STOCK . THEY HAVE IT IN PRINT. TRY RINGING .

THEY DID NOT HAVE ANY INFO ON A SUPERCHARGED TSPORT BUT PROMISED ME A PHONCALL IF THEY GET ANY INFO .

Sorry about the upper case print.

well i know for a fact they are still going down the production line at work so must only have stoped being sold in certain locations.

as far as i know the current t-sport is not availiable with S/C from the factory. those on sale in germany must have retro fitted units

as far as i know the current t-sport is not availiable with S/C from the factory. those on sale in germany must have retro fitted units

I thought that TTE were preparing the compressor versions and that only 250 will make it officially to the UK.

Seem to remember something about that on the forum a while ago.

Paul.

the compressor versions are being..if not already completed in the UK at Aladdin motorsport, at a location i cannot disclose

ALL compressor cars are being built there.

production WILL be stopping on the MR2 and Celica

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone, sorry to cut in at this point, but I can give you some accurate additional info so far on the Kompressor situation.

Most of you are right with the current T-Sport 190 Corolla. The engine is Euro III compliant so as of the end of August 2005, it had to meet the EURO IV standards... which it does not (along with Previa, Avensis Verso, MR2 Roadster nd Celica etc...)

There will be enough stock of Celicas to last (or so TGB say) 18 months. The Celica GT has been brought in to offer the best yet Celica and is still less than the £24,000+ the original T-Sport Celica cost. This trades heavily on the previous GT/GT4's heritage. It looks better in the metal I assure you and the interior is fantastic! This car is a UK only car and therefore is not available anywhere else.

The Supercharger issue has spaked quite a debate. Toyota GB don't even know whether it will hit the UK roads in production form! The car was originally produced in conjunction with TTE and tested in Germany (putting out 242 BHP!), but eventually was 'tamed' to 225 PS. Autoexpress reviewed it a few months ago, but the price was completely inaccurate and so put most interested buyers off from visiting Toyota Showrooms to show an interest that could be fed back!

That car is still available as one of you have said. The UK Kompressor car is possible going to come before the Corolla name is eventually dropped sometime late 2006/early 2007. I have had the pleasure of meeting the designer of the new 2007 replacement vehicle who told me himself that the name Corolla is probably going to be dropped in order to appeal to a younger market with Toyota's new name/image (such as "AYGO by Toyota", not the "Toyota Aygo" etc...).

As regards the current model non-Kompressor, if they are still building them, they are definately 100% NOT Uk cars as they have been officially discontunued and all Toyota Dealers have been sent a Product Bulletin to back this up.

There are a handful of ex-showroom cars which as well as a few Red coloured new cars still at Burnaston, but as they say... 'that's ya'lot!'

Let's hope he T-Sport Kompressor wth its 17" alloys and twin rear pipes (one of them for show believe it or not!) comes to terrorise the VXR and Type R in the near future!

Regards, Wil.

Let's hope he T-Sport Kompressor wth its 17" alloys and twin rear pipes (one of them for show believe it or not!) comes to terrorise the VXR and Type R in the near future!

Thanks for the info, Will. Surprising that the Corolla brand is going ... but how are the Type R, VXR etc. not being canned at the same time? If the 2zzge is Euro III, all those other manufacturers' engines can't possibly be Euro IV. How come their cars are still in production?

Not to mention most of the cars from BMW, Audi, Mercedes. Nice to see Toyota doing the green thing maybe, but if nobody else plays ball they are going to be at a disadvantage for a while.

Paul.

Thanks for the info, Will. Surprising that the Corolla brand is going ... but how are the Type R, VXR etc. not being canned at the same time? If the 2zzge is Euro III, all those other manufacturers' engines can't possibly be Euro IV. How come their cars are still in production?

Not to mention most of the cars from BMW, Audi, Mercedes. Nice to see Toyota doing the green thing maybe, but if nobody else plays ball they are going to be at a disadvantage for a while.

Paul.

You raise a good point and I honestly don't know Paul. You would think it would affect them. I know Peugeot are losing some of their engines and af course new Yaris is going to have a 3 cylinder engine such as the AYGO for example. It's all about how nice the cars are to the flowers if you get my meaning?!

I also suspect that the uncertainty is partly becasue Toyota are going to be re-marketing the way they are perceived as THE Cleanest Diesel Performance Manufacturer with 2.2 D4-D T180 confirmed for Corolla Verso in November and also probably Corolla Hatchback by December or November 2005! I suspect that as with Avensis (the 2.2 150PS D4-D being quicker and more economical than the 2.4 VVTi Auto Flagship) the Diesels are better all round. I have to say that the T-180 Verso is a flyer, it really is. The Japanese benchmark the in-gear acceleration on the Porsche Boxter rather than Zafira Vauxhall!!!

I also heard today that Burnaston are going to test drive EVERY new car on the their track and that they have 10 Kompressor Corolla's already sat there! Not had this comfirmed yet, but I will.

As regards the future... well Toyota are pioneering the Fuel Cell Technology of tomorrow and of course today the Hybrid image. So ultimately all of the current types of cars will one day be no more.

Kind regards,

Will

http://www.supercars.de/index.html?show=si...7&modell_id=877

Have ppl seen these pics? 

Not too keen on the wheels though!

Seems there is a MR2 there in the background too.

Looks SUPER (even the wheels!) but why the old front???