Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some Pr*ck Has Damaged My Car

JT

i came out of work today, to find this.....

109046475.jpg

right down to the plastic :censor: :ffs: . now about 4 months ago, i managed to crack the bumper in the middle, here....

109046465.jpg

do you think it would therefore be cheaper to buy a new bumper and get it painted, or get chips away or whoever, to come and sort the scrape and the crack? im so annoyed! AND, i spent 5 hours the other day, t-cuting and waxing it, and then it went and rained last night, so it's filthy again! :crybaby: ....

109046456.jpg

Yes it's very annoying!

I would hate to think how much a replacement bumper would be!

They are both simple repairs for any decent bodyshop

and it shouldn't be too difficult to match the colour because its in good nick.

You'll probably be looking at around £100 for the job.

I'd get it repaired, the cost of a new bumper (if you can get one) will be sky high and you'll still need to paint it!

i remember pricing one up for my old one, and it wasn't too bad i don't think. between £100-150 i think. but yeah, then i'd have to get it painted

would you say it's better taking it somewhere, or getting one of those companies who come to you and sort it?

i remember pricing one up for my old one, and it wasn't too bad i don't think. between £100-150 i think. but yeah, then i'd have to get it painted

would you say it's better taking it somewhere, or getting one of those companies who come to you and sort it?

The difference between chips away and a bodyshop is chips away will only repair the section and paint little parts which would show after a while and don't they do it in the street?

A body shop would repair the sections and paint the whole bumper in an oven meaning less chance of the paint being dirty or flaking off over time.

I worked in a bodyshop for 2 yrs and i've seen the differnce first hand. i'd go bodyshop everytime.

Quotes cost nothing, so get some for both and go for what is going to be the best finish and most cost effective for you. Looks good though, so worth spending out to keep it that way :thumbsup:

Quotes cost nothing, so get some for both and go for what is going to be the best finish and most cost effective for you.

I agree with that

Shame about it getting damaged in the first place though :ffs:

Hope you get it fixed ASAP :thumbsup:

Gutted. At least it's only the bumper tho.

As ricomr2 says, go to a body shop, maybe even ask them if they'll do a cash job for you. Do that after they've given you the full quote tho.

right, i'll get some quotes for both then. i'm off next week, so it looks like i know what i'll be doing :P

(on the pic of the bumper, those black dots are flies btw, not stonechips :D )

(on the pic of the bumper, those black dots are flies btw, not stonechips  :D )

LOL!!

Thought you'd spent all day cleaning her!!!

lol, i had - the day before. i had a rather enthusiastic drive and that was the result. i've never had a car as bad for flies - i swear they must fly at it :D

Well this weekend has been not so good for my car........... on friday someone clipped my front wing while it was parked up, scraping it and knocking it out of shape.

Then on Saturday the car was parked up when i came back to it it had been scratched all on the back quarter panel and on the door even above the vent on the pillar!

To top it off the exhaust is blowing but thats getting sorted on warranty fortunately.

I was thinking of sorting the few bits that needed doing as its in good nick but not sure if its worth bothering with now this has happened as will cost so much more.

JT - they're just the sort of marks you can learn to fix yourself surely ? they're tiny and easy to access, the fact that the worse is on a curve means any repair is easily blended in too ??