Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cd Player Problems

funaki2sweet

Whenever I put a Cd in my player (the built in toyota cd player) is will not read and tells me "err1"

I have tried head cleaning CD's and these do not work at all either - the same problem occurs.

Any ideas?

thanks

does it work when the inside of the car gets heated up ?

also..are they original CD's not copies... sorry Backup's !

The standard spec CD player's arn't great though..find mine skips quite a bit.

when you tried the head cleaning CD's....did they work..or did you also get ERR1?

Note when you put it in..where the label is..is it in exactly the same position when it spits it out...if so..could be the drive motor..if not..then the laser pickup.

not sure what ERR1 translates to..Mr T would be able to find out..but it would be more worth while installing a seperate Unit..which will be sooo much better.

vipes

also..are they original CD's  not copies... sorry Backup's !

The standard spec CD player's arn't great though..find mine skips quite a bit.

when you tried the head cleaning CD's....did they work..or did you also get ERR1?

Note when you put it in..where the label is..is it in exactly the same position when it spits it out...if so..could be the drive motor..if not..then the laser pickup.

not sure what ERR1 translates to..Mr T would be able to find out..but it would be more worth while installing a seperate Unit..which will be sooo much better.

vipes

Tried warming up the car somewhat - but its not exactly been cold lately either.

Yes - normal and backup CD's will both not work + I get the error message whilst trying to use head cleaning CD's too.

Looks like its best if you buy an aftermarket headunit which is of a much higher quality! Up to you mate, I can't see a feasible solution though! :thumbsup:

Hi,

I had the same problem if it relates as follows: U insert a CD, it spins inside and then ejects automatically with the err message...

Have not been able to repair the problem. Have used a CD changer with FM modulator to bypass my original player.

Do some search on the forum...u may find some replated topics

Regards

Ismael

Hiya, welcome to TOC :)

Sounds like you may need a trip to MrT about that, I would've suggested cleaning cd's too as often the lens head gets dirty and that prevents it from registering a disc - does it let the disc run or does it eject it straight away?

Hi,

I had the same problem if it relates as follows: U insert a CD, it spins inside and then ejects automatically with the err message...

Have not been able to repair the problem. Have used a CD changer with FM modulator to bypass my original player.

Do some search on the forum...u may find some replated topics

Regards

Ismael

it just ejects it straight away.

I might just pop down to my Toyota garage then, see if they can help

thanks a lot guys.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links