Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rolling Road Fun

Evilsean

so... rolling road... paid me 75 quid ... good and bad news... good news ...no leaks and no worn bits ...bad news ...crankshaft was fitted badly on last belt change ... ignition off by 30 plus degrees... detonation ..blah blah.. dizzy spinned to compensate ...no loss of power ... emissions fine so new cam belt... prices vary from 300 squid to 140 ... im going for me nice mechanic...hes up for 150 and i trust him...also new ss zorst coming up with 3"bore and its a 1990 car so i can ditch the cat and they cant touch me..considering front mount IC...dunno...safety wise = good move ...power wise...negligible...dont need panel filter or cai ... im sorted there with cai and i dont need the turbo blades shot blasted with crap from a mesh filter..pointless upping the boost till i can sort the back pressure..ohh...also the boost was hitting 12 psi on the way home ...previously was 6-8....best i fix the cam thing before i address the zorst etc though

all in all ...well worth it .. avaturbo.com

before you ask ... was running 180 bhp ...then hit 204 on one run ...detonation detector thingy cuts in and screws up the boost... sorted with new cam belt and properly aligned shaft...also ...when they had turned the distributer to stop the det...it hit proper 200+ a few times ... but the valves will be off time etc...so im not cooking them...

again ...worth every penny... bear in mind very few experts waste their time on websites...obviously no insult intended to our resident tech heads ... been more than helpful on several occasions and saved me a packet so far ...bows to the mighty

add one final rant ... ive done this one already but i feel its itch once more.... engines...finite ...settings ...variable but optimal is finite... so how come i get so many different answers to the same question ... im not accepting the old "some mechs suxxor"... thats too easy... blame isnt my aim ... i want to know how there can be so many answers to the same question ... are we dealing with logical analysts ? or are there still spanner monkeys out there with a worn haynes manual and not much else?...wtf is going on... im getting conflicting results from 4 well respected mechs...not back street socket pirates...good ppl..no names will be harmed in the making of this post... answers on a postcard to...

All in all that sounds like a very well spent £75. Well done. Good results considering the timing`s knacked. Easy enough to sort out though. :thumbsup:

As for your last bit.... As far as asking for information on a website goes you really do have to analyse the answers because of the different answers your bound to get.. Another very pertinent reason for differing answers is how people interpret a question. So there`s really loads of room for differing opinions and suggestions. Draw your own conclusions. But as an example.

You could have three people doing exactly the same job and quite likely getting the same results more or less. But out of those three you could say one was a logical analytical - read the book and work by it sort of guy. One was a self taught trial & error - get there in the end type and the third could be of the been there, done it, forgotten more than most will remember type. This is invariably going to result in conflicting methods. You see my point here? The main thing is really that the job gets done satisfactarily and competently. :thumbsup:

sounds like a good day then Sean, been to AVA a few times never for my own car tho, do as much of the work as i can myself, obviously letting the experts near it once the time comes.

Daktari, i'm glad you understood Sean's last bit as i couldn't could be the fact that i'm just of a night shift or could be the way i read it, which really backs up what you are saying. lots of people can read things many ways and ansear in their own way, best way to work things out is listen too all the answears and make your own mind up whats right

im hoping its brake fluid...either that or he got oil on the monobloc and the wife stabbed him in the thigh whilst he was "under" :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links