Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Egr Valve Help

webhead

hi can somebody post a pic of the egr valve where it is on a estima 2.2 diesal as i wont to take the pipe off and see if my black smoke stops.

i need to know as i got the mot and it failed on emmisions again swine.

thanks

please somebody helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Try changing the Fuel and air filter. This worked for me on my Lucida and my old Town Ace.

Freece1t

• 3 weeks later...
hi yes i did this but still too high its 3.7 it has to be under 3 its a swine.

Hi there - have a look at the Toyota Estima Owners club site as there are detailed threads on this topic there. Just do a search on 'black smoke' and you'll find it.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

When I took my sister in laws old xantia diesel for an mot a while ago it failed on emissions. The guy testing it said drive it up the dual carriage way up the road in first or second and hold it on the rev limiter for about half a mile then bring it back. It passed OK afterwards, he reckons that if you do a lot of town driving the exhaust system gets partly clogged with soot, a good hard blast often clears it out.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links