Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Avensis Verso In Club...

T.N.

Hello, buds! I was obediently waiting from June and finally got a new Toyota Avensis Verso Sol - 2.0 petrol. Dealer equiped it with some gadgets, but I am looking for more - anybody knows an inet source of high quality additional equipment dedicated to that car?

There are pictures, if somone wants to glimpse :)

http://www.bytephoto.com/photopost/data/500/6116AV_01.jpg

For next pictures simply change number before the dot to 02...16

T.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, buds! I was obediently waiting from June and finally got a new Toyota Avensis Verso Sol - 2.0 petrol. Dealer equiped it with some gadgets, but I am looking for more - anybody knows an inet source of high quality additional equipment dedicated to that car?

T.

T.

Hi! I've also bought an Avensis Verso Sol last year in August, but 2.0D-4D, in black... concerning addtional equipment, sorry, not europe... only at http://tte.de, from Toyota Team Europe, otherwise only in Russia and Asia, but forget Australia or New Zeland they are almost the very same as in europe. But if you look for Japan web sites, ipsum clubs, or the Toyota web site for their own Ipsum, then yes, you'll find out much more equipment... but they won't let you reach it, believe me, I've spoke with Toyota Motor Corporation directly in Japan, and they simply think that we are second best and don't deserve more... :crybaby:

You can always try to import it directly, but at a very high price and risk...

Anyway I've been doing some upgrades myself :thumbsup:

Best regards and luck

Nuno

hey welcome to the club!!

Anyway I've been doing some upgrades myself  :thumbsup:

For instance?

regards

T.

Hello again!

Now I’ve a 25%darker back windows, and transparent 99%UV safe on side front – note that dark rear windows are only available in Asia, but at 50%!

I’ve also put the glove compartment light (available before the 10/2003 restyling), and side down on the 4 doors, for the ground (I’ve used the Avensis doors light), and also inside on the feet level, in front and 1st row back seats (using hidden lights in front and shade black turn lights from Seat Ibiza model using white bulbs on the inside back doors).

Using the engine compartment light from the Range Rover, now is much more easy to look at engine at night if I need to… fill in the windshield liquid for instance, etc.

And shortly I’ll be installing a brand new rear view inside mirror with auto dim+compass directly from Gentex in the US (this is not even available in Japan on this model).

Besides all this I’m working out an automatic door look on “moving”, about 18Km/h, and an automatic close of the rear view side mirrors on the switching ON/OFF the car alarm…

And I’m also trying to get the original side skirts, only available in Japan, about 500€!

Try to find the Decorama site in Singapore, they manufacture accessories for this model...

Best regards,

Nuno

Hi all!

I’ve also put the glove compartment light (available before the 10/2003 restyling),

Oh, it's fine, how did you do that?

and side down on the 4 doors(...)

All those lights are useful, I think - but I have to wait with assembling it until my guarantee finished, I think

And shortly I’ll be installing a brand new rear view inside mirror with auto dim+compass directly from Gentex in the US (this is not even available in Japan on this model).

I think I have seen such a mirror as an option on Japanese Toyota site - without compass, of course. As well as turn lights in rear mirrors and some other nice things not available anywhere outside Japan

Besides all this I’m working out an automatic door look on “moving”, about 18Km/h, and an automatic close of the rear view side mirrors on the switching ON/OFF the car alarm…

I have auto doors locking bundled with alarm/immobiliser - but it switches not by any speed but by unlocking/locking immo after turning ignition.

BTW Unlocking immo is quite upsetting thing - I have to press hidden switch after switching ignition, but it works too slow and produces too many beeps for me :ffs:

And I’m also trying to get the original side skirts, only available in Japan, about 500€!

Hmm... what's that - side skirt? And why so expensive? :)

Try to find the Decorama site in Singapore, they manufacture accessories for this model...

Thanks a lot, I'll try.

Regards

T.

I’ve also put the glove compartment light (available before the 10/2003 restyling),

Oh, it's fine, how did you do that?

Remember the turn lights from the Seat Ibiza's I told you about? I've used one with a simple plastic embracer, hiden, just bellow the airbag. And a switch, allowing to light up when you open it, having a door opened or the headlights on...

and side down on the 4 doors(...)

All those lights are useful, I think - but I have to wait with assembling it until my guarantee finished, I think

Not necessarely. You can sugest and ask your Toyota Dealer to do it for you. I refuse to wait 3 or 5 years...

Hmm... what's that - side skirt? And why so expensive? :)

It's the "plastic" between front and rear wheels, making the bumpers design along between then (every Japanese versions have it)

The price it's high, but I've bought my original rear spoiler, here directly from the Toyota dealer, and it cost me 400€, and is much smaller than the skirts...

Best luck! Regards,

Nuno