Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All New Corolla T2,t3 Tspirit 1.6 Owners

gaz

Please could all you New Corolla owners with 1.6 litre engines or maybe even 1.4 litre tell me if you notice a slight jerking when you release the accelerator pedal? I find it very bad in 1st & 2nd but it is present in all gears. When I release the accelerator pedal the car jerks twice slightly back and forth like a bunny hop. Then when you apply the accelerator there is a slight single ***** or hesitation.

I would have thought that when you release the accelerator pedel, the engine load should just slow the car down smoothly without these first couple of jerks. I will have it looked at next week, but would like some feedback from you guys as I get sick of Toyota dealers saying that all my faults are normal on this model. What a cop out!

Hi mate

With nine months of using my T-Spirit, and over 14000 miles, i don't suffer with a jerky throttle pedal

The car been good from the first day, and not much has bothered me about the car :D

Will keep you posted, if i do find anything wrong

Bing

:thumbsup:

1.6 02-registered Corolla T3 here.

About the only thing that actually seems fine is the engine/performance. Generally very smooth, even at very low revs.

As for rattles elsewhere and lights dimming etc... :unsure::crybaby:

Where.... oh where????? is the Corolla Chief Engineer when you REALLY need him.....?????

p.s..who exactly IS this mystery man from Japan..???

Okay, driven for about 2 hours in stop-start traffic for about 2 hours since my earlier post and wish to change what I said!

There is a noticable "*****" when you first take your foot off of the throttle, then a second smaller one, before it finally slows smoothly. It's not a massive ***** like you would get from choosing a gear too low... it even occurs in 5th at moderate speeds like 30-40 mph, although only very slightly.

I've never noticed it before though really... if you lift the throttle slowly it doesnt happen... the only time I would take my foot off quickly would be if I needed to break... and doing so would make the effects of the engine un-noticable.