Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Curious Qestion About Imports?

Toyotariko65

Hi i have a gen 5 gtr import now on my docs it says it was reged on jan 2005 in this country i presume, but the manufacture date is 98 how can this be when its a generation 5 which i belive is 92 to 94 :( can some 1 shine a bit light for me plz

mmmmmm very odd. But light will be shed soon.

First of all (and I am not taking the ppppppp) but are you sure is a GT-R????

Pop up head lights, retractable wing mirrors :P Air con and a tiny bit more BHP than uk spec, (I think) and electric seats and automatic tilting steering wheel (when it works) It may or may not have 4ws or active suspension. :unsure: OK now I am getting out of my depth :help:

My KITT is a GT-R and was born in July of 1991.

GT-Rs are deffo 1991 :wacko: -------to another year that I am not to sure off. sooooooo I am off to find out.

BIAB

Ash.

mmmmmm very odd. But light will be shed soon.

First of all (and I am not taking the ppppppp) but are you sure is a GT-R????

Pop up head lights, retractable wing mirrors :P Air con and a tiny bit more BHP than uk spec, (I think) and electric seats and automatic tilting steering wheel (when it works) It may or may not have 4ws or active suspension. :unsure:   OK now I am getting out of my depth :help:

My KITT is a GT-R and was born in July of  1991. 

GT-Rs are deffo 1991 :wacko:  -------to  another year that I am not to sure off. sooooooo I am off to find out.

BIAB

Ash.

Pop up head lights, retractable wing mirrors, Air con and a tiny bit more BHP than uk spec, (I think) and electric seats and automatic tilting steering wheel (when it works) It may or may not have 4ws or active suspension. OK now I am getting out of my depth

Its got all them m8

Yeh sounds a bit weird... my GT-R is 1991/2 and imported in 1999...

my date of first registration says 1999 in my V5 log book though it is on a K plate which suggests it was manufactured in 1992. If you look at the first page of your V5 there is a section entitled 'Special Notes' (its section 3 i think) On mine it says something about being registered first overseas and the actual date of manufacture is 1992.

I seem to remember Charlie AKA karma supra took his personalised plate off a soarer and they did something funny with the reg and issued it an 'S' plate so the DVLA are far from flawless in their logic. (you would have to ask him for the exact details) The 'S' plate tied in with the date of import rather than manufacture.

hope this helps