Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Japanese Built Is Better?

Griffyn

People have always said that the japanese built yairs is better than the french one. However when taking my dash out yesterday I noticed this little box that said power steering. I had always wondered why I couldn't find my power steering unit in the engine bay and upon reading my Haynes' Manual some of the french built yari are fitted wit electric power steering rather than hydraulic. Therefore you lose less HP...its not much at all but companies like Mercedes, BMW are starting 2 use electrical power steering more and more! So now french built yari owners if they are lucky like myself, have something that is better than jap built :thumbsup:

I dont believe JapaneseYaris are better built than the French variant....

But then I wouldnt.... I'm biased..... I've had two French ones! :lol::lol:

But I really seriously dont believe it!

Yaz is japanese! :hokus-pokus: I always thought she would be french until i noticed the sticker in her window, and i put her into the database at work and what did i see a jap chassis number! hehehe

I dont think there is any difference! at they end of the day they are all made from toyota parts! its just where they are put together that is different! :thumbsup:

I dont believe they are better either, but some ppl claim they are built better and have less rattles. Mine is coming up2 3 yrs old and the only rattle I have is the fascia adapter for my headunit, altho I will sort this out when I can b assed........but easiest solution is crank up the volume! :thumbsup:

So now french built yari owners if they are lucky like myself, have something that is better than jap built  :thumbsup:

Not quite, hydraulic power steering would be much cheaper and easier to fix. I mentioned ages ago when I had a go of my dad's french built Yaris Blue that I thought it had electrical power steering, it now seems I'm right! :D

Jaxx the Yaris legend will be eating his words (he said no Yarii have electrical power steering btw)! :P

Jaxx the Yaris legend will be eating his words (he said no Yarii have electrical power steering btw)! :P

I remember him saying that as well...

phase two still have the ghey headlights though

Phase 2 headlights are WAY better than P1...P1 looks ugly.....wierd what a pair of lights can do to a car :lol:

Go B1nda! :thumbsup:

I've owned P1, I own P2 and I prefer P2 looks and finish...

A

Phase 2 headlights are WAY better than P1...P1 looks ugly.....wierd what a pair of lights can do to a car :lol:

Go B1nda! :thumbsup:

I've owned P1, I own P2 and I prefer P2 looks and finish...

A

Yayy! GOOOOO P2 OWNERS! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

i never liked the p1 yaris(altough the only main difference being the lights and interior) .... even the interior colour scheme is poor(dont matter which model you get :lol: )......

Who cares about lights when you can have 5doors! :P

You can get a Phase 2 with 5 doors too ya know Shaz.... :P

Yup! But not in gold! :( And i like my interior! its soft! :lol:

Who cares about lights when you can have 5doors! :P

You can get a Phase 2 with 5 doors too ya know Shaz.... :P

Yup! But not in gold! :( And i like my interior! its soft! :lol:

True.... not in Gold.... glad you are liking your soft interior - mine is also very soft! :lol::lol:

(Have you been drinking any alkeeholic beverages tonight at all Shaz? :lol: )

We've got a Jap Yaris T-Sport and a French Built Yaris Blue - they both work, never had any problems and the French one doesnt rattle either!

I admit that the previous French Built T3 that I had did rattle and squeak, but the build quality on the Blue seems much better. You can get squeaky cars no matter where they were made IMO anyway!

Sorry ppl didnt really mean 2 start this thread again was just noting out that it was cool 2 have electric power steering in a YARIS!

I’ve noticed the Yaris owners who have French built cars seem to bring up the subject of the French and Japanese quality issue.

I never seem to see anything started by the Japanese Yaris owners.

I’ve always wondered if the French owners had Jap models, would they be as concerned.

Methinks not!

as I said before ..yawnnnnnn...Ive noticed no difference in quality.I owned a jap built toyota starlet last time and its just as good as it ..thazz all Im gonna say <_< <_<