Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Removal Of Rear Seats

markjj

Hello all. Recently joined and first post. Sorry if this has been asked before but I went through all the topics and couldn't find reference to it so here goes...

Just purchased our first Rav4 3dr NRG X Reg today (part x'd the Puma which broke my wifes heart). We've got three lively staffies and part of the reason for getting the Rav was to take them out in it regularly. I purchased a bootliner from Hatchbag in preparation for them (very good service etc) but having just rolled up the back seats I think I'd prefer to have them out and provide more space for the dogs. Can anyone tell me how to remove the seats from the vehicle and once they're out is there a specific area for fitting a Toyota dog guard (have yet to purchase this but don't want anything cheap and nasty)?

Many thanks for replies.

Mark

Welcome to the Forum!

For the dog guard, look on eBay and search 'rav 4', there are usually some on there for sale, the original Toyota Rav 4 ones.

For the seats, pull the tag on the outerside of the seat and drop them forward. Lean over the seat and you should find a tag under the seat, pull back hard towards the rear door and tilt the seat from the rear forward then remove the seat.

Andy

Andy.

Many thanks for your reply. The light is just starting to go so it's a job for first thing in the morning.

Thanks again for your kind advice.

Mark

There are a couple of dog guards on eBay, just do a search on 'rav4' and 'rav 4' they are in there!!! one was £6.00 the other 19.00 last time i looked, but they come up all the time, be patient and wait for a bargain.....

Andi

Andi - I haven't been able to see how the Toyota models fit into the vehicle yet but some seem to fit against the roof lining. I'm guessing this could cause marking over time unless there are better options?

Mark

Hi Mark, welcome to the Rav4 section,hope you are enjoying your new motor, just shout if you need any help :yes:

The Toyota guards fit into the roof. If you look you down the inside of the roof of your RAV will see two sets of 'holes' they secure into

Sorry Andy - I'm not being intentionally thick but there's no sign of those in mine - I can see four caps at the back near the rear door but nowhere else. Is it anything to do with it being 3dr?

Bob - hello. I've never had so much fun in ages, smiling from ear to ear just driving around the village! Thanks for the offer of help.

Cheers,

Mark

Sorry Andy - I'm not being intentionally thick but there's no sign of those in mine - I can see four caps at the back near the rear door but nowhere else. Is it anything to do with it being 3dr?

Bob - hello. I've never had so much fun in ages, smiling from ear to ear just driving around the village! Thanks for the offer of help.

Cheers,

Mark

Only taken my seats out once, (when fitting boot liner ), first remove head rest, pull ring on top outer of seat, flap down, pull black lever at bottom back of seat ( fold seat forward ), then pull black nylon strap to remove seat from vehicle ( may need a bit of a wiggle ) :)

Bob. Managed to get the seats out no problem. Thanks for all the advice. Oddly though after taking them out and fitting the hatchbag I found that there was plenty of space for the three hounds with the seats back in!

Still cannot find any way of fitting the dog guard yet though...

Cheers,

Mark

Bob. Managed to get the seats out no problem. Thanks for all the advice. Oddly though after taking them out and fitting the hatchbag I found that there was plenty of space for the three hounds with the seats back in!

Cheers,

Mark

Mark, are the dog guards that have telescope poles, from floor to roof not any good ?.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark, are the dog guards that have telescope poles, from floor to roof not any good ?.

I can confirm the 3 Dr doesn't have the holes in the roof that are on the 5 Dr, however isn't there a Toyota hard dog guard that has plundgers on the top and bottom, I bought one off eBay which has the clips for the 5 dr only so I can't use it.

Bob. I think that's the way I'm going to have to go but the better half didn't want anything pressed up against the roof potentially damaging the liner.

Rowena. I know what you mean. Had a look at some on eBay. Think that's going to be the option. Maybe I could put something between the top of the pole and the roof to protect the liner.

Mind you.....having had the dogs in the back with the seats folded up they haven't yet been able to get over the top into the front so maybe the arrangement as it is will work out ok in the long run.

My other thought was to find a cargo mesh style guard for a bigger vehicle and use the hooks on the grab rail above the rear side windows as the upper anchor points and somewhere beneath the rear seats as the lower anchor points.

Thanks both for your replies.

Mark

Bob. I think that's the way I'm going to have to go but the better half didn't want anything pressed up against the roof potentially damaging the liner.

Rowena. I know what you mean. Had a look at some on Ebay. Think that's going to be the option. Maybe I could put something between the top of the pole and the roof to protect the liner.

Mind you.....having had the dogs in the back with the seats folded up they haven't yet been able to get over the top into the front so maybe the arrangement as it is will work out ok in the long run.

My other thought was to find a cargo mesh style guard for a bigger vehicle and use the hooks on the grab rail above the rear side windows as the upper anchor points and somewhere beneath the rear seats as the lower anchor points.

Thanks both for your replies.

Mark

Might work I have a brand new one of those in my garage but not really tried to fit it as the 3 dr doesn't have the hooks behind the two front seats, but you could probably fit ones from a 5 dr in the right place. Let me know if you want it I paid about 20 quid for it not sure what they fecth on eBay though.