Do Not Sell My Personal Information

300zxs

jdbecks

hey all, i was thinking for my next car getting, a 300zx tt or supra tt! would like to know what the zeds are like to a supra, i would hate regreting buying a zed! if it brakes down alot etc...but i have always loved supras!

cheers jon

AS Ed said...

Cracking cars, and I still think one of the best looking cars about.. unfortunately they do have soft bottom ends and the turbos do tend to die lots on them... they are also fiddly to work on being a V6, compared to a supra's smooth straight 6.

Don't rule a zed out totally (much better then this 350z nonsense), finda forum and serach through the technical sections.. see what goes worng!

i like em visually :yes:

the engines ok, but a total swine to work on as ive heard

I had one for 8 years and loved it. I sold it to friends, it's still going strong after a total of 14 years and 95,000 miles without any engine / turbo problems. It's never had anything significant wrong with it in all that time.

The suspension bushes need replacing on a regular basis, spark plugs were about £20 each (Platinum) but only need replacing very infrequently. It eats rear tyres every 12k or so.

Working on it is a complete pig; there wasn't space under the bonnet even for an alarm / tracker (which had to go inside the cabin). Having said that, I got talking to a recovery agent during a regular recovery of my Alfa Romeo, and he said that they are very reliable.

Drivingwise it's very similar to the Supra. The trick 4-wheel steering doesn't make a big real-world difference but takes some getting used to. However, I prefer the looks in the 300TT.

I really enjoyed it and couldn't find anything to replace it for ages. Then the arrival of 3 kids dictated a sensible Previa and "family" four-door saloon (BMW M5).

don't both the turbos need replacing at 60k miles, just as routine maintanence? or has someone been spinning me an urban myth........ :D

if thats the case...must be an excuss for fitting two bigger turbos...i think ill go for the supra..but thanks neway, got a year to decide lol

don't both the turbos need replacing at 60k miles, just as routine maintanence? or has someone been spinning me an urban myth........ :D

Mine is still on it's original turbos although the dealer said that 80k is an average life. They don't need to be changed on routine maintenance although if one goes then it's probably worth replacing both to reduce the total cost.

Your thinking of RX-7s and new Rotor tips!!!

jdbecks I may be able to get you a 300ZXTT auto.. if you are interested.. give me a PM.