Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coventry To Derby And Back.

bert.tsport

hi,

took my family to derby today visiting... i usually get about 26 mpg average on a run , but as i had my grandad and pregnant fiancee in car i drove like i did on my driving test and it hit an amazing 40mpg average... it was about a 100 mile journey and i never went above 60mph as i only went on A and B roads... :bookworm:

on the down side, i felt like a sunday driver and it seemed to take an eternity to get there... also , was devastated when an 02 plate cts flew passed me in same colour by the toyota plant in derby... :lol:

whats the average mpg everyone else gets out of their t-sports?

just noticed i missed the p out of mpg on topic title, doh. cant edit it either...

:thumbsup: bert

Hi

My T Sport does around 33mpg (90% out of town A - B roads) on average by my workings. As the in car computer (when I had it) could be anything from 2 to 7 mpg wrong. Always stating more than the car was really doing (probably a delibrate error).

After all they don't want the car to look too thirsty when you test drive it.

Most it's managed is 37 ish :thumbsup: (Goodwood Festival of Speed 280 miles one way). Only did 30 mpg onway back due to driving at 80 to 90 ish :wacko: .

Pb

:wacko:

yeah , definately a thirsty beast above 65mph...

yeah , definately a thirsty beast above 65mph...

Like you I did some sub-65mph driving at the weekend... my friend bought a Vauxhall Chevette in Ashford, Kent, and I drove ahead of him between 50 and 60mph for the next 91 miles to Harrow, NW London... and yes it did seem to take an eternity!!! My average mpg went from 26 to 31, so I must have been returning around 40mpg to achieve that :thumbsup:

Depends on the accuracy of the onboard computer. I find that if I zero it on the motorway at 70mph, I can get over 40mpg no problem.

Would need to actually check how much petrol I put in at the next stop to verify that.

Paul.

Depends on the accuracy of the onboard computer.  I find that if I zero it on the motorway at 70mph, I can get over 40mpg no problem.

Would need to actually check how much petrol I put in at the next stop to verify that.

Paul.

Well I'm driving from London to Ireland on Friday night, so I'll do that and let ye know how I got on.... but it'll be plus-65mph all the way I hope :ph34r:

~34MPG...and around 320 miles to the tank which is £40 ish at stupid prices!

shop at tesco or sainsbury, spend £50 quid instore , recieve 5p off per litre... £36 to fill tank instead... :yes: sainsbury do 97 ron at there pumps too now.. :thumbsup:

Both my Corollas (4AGE & 4AFE ENGINED) do over 40 mpg on a pleasant run!

They claim that 4AFE was an economy designed engine but on a run I think my 4AGE engined Corolla has the edge (just) whereas around town/ stop starting the 4AFE Engine Corolla has the edge (just!).