Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing The Forward Coupling

stevetubbyturbo

Hi im going to be replacing the forward coupling that drives the cooling fan, power steering pump, alternator, and the A/C on a Lucidia and just wanted to ask if there is a way of doing it without having to remove all the front end or can it be done from the underneath by removing the propshaft?

Any advice anyone can give me i would be greatful

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

As you have had no replies, I suggest that you try www.smartgroups and then choose toyota estima. It's a very busy site and I have always received a reply when posting a query on there.

Regards Fletch

Hi Steve,

As you have had no replies, I suggest that you try www.smartgroups and then choose toyota estima.  It's a very busy site and I have always received a reply when posting a query on there.

Regards Fletch

Cheers Fletch

:thumbsup:

Hi, I had the viscous coupling replaced on a lucida as well recently. If you are only replacing the viscous coupling with the fan, the answer is yes, you can replace the unit without having to remove the prop shaft. What you would have to do is remove the four phillips screws that hold the plastic radiator top air duct. then undo the 4 bolts retaining the viscous to the prop shaft. the whole unit will come out and then once it is out you can undo the plastic fan and replace the viscous with a new one. it is a bit tricky to get the whole unit out once you have undone the 4 nuts but it does come out from the top itself. putting it back is just reverse.