Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Leds For The Clocks So Far

Kevstir

Hi guys

Plenty of you will know that the inverted leds are OK for the dials but there not quite bright enough and there's dull patches to the top of the clocks, well i found leds that are 10 times better and give a whole even spread of nice blue light , see for yourselves.

There available in ether red, white or blue from ultraleds.co.uk , here's the link to the blue ones

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/product_info.ph...0d324bdb4fb53db

no modding needed just swap these with the old bulbs :D , you need 3 bulbs

Clocks.JPG

Cheers Kevstir - Good price as well! I should be able to get rid of the dull patch at the top left of mine now.

I'm guessing you are using them with standard dials?? I have got white dials with green numbers so I presume they will show green on the numbers and blue light will show in the middle - (I've just got standard blue bulbs in at the moment)

u just replace the standard bulbs with the leds m8 so no ugly green anywhere :D

when you install the leds make sure there on the right way before you put the clocks back in as they only work one way round , just rotate the bulb in its holder if it don't work :)

forgot to say you need 3 bulbs

Kev

These look great!

How many bulbs do you need to cover the whole dash from air controls to dials with thse bulbs?

Also are all the lights they same type?

Sorry for the stupid questions, if these have been asked before can you post the link to the thread, cheers.

woo...nice... will they do a gen5 ?  :drool:

if the gen 5 bulbs are 501's i dont see why not ..

You coming to crail on the 18th sept sean??

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41090

Kev

not sure of crail yet ....hopefully yes but thats a busy week so far ... figers crossed ...would like to drool on some nice rice....

SyCelicaGT you need 3 bulbs for the clocks, unsure about the heater controls , iv seen a guy mod the heater controls to take the same bulbs as the clocks , was a while now and back then you couldn't get led bulbs for the controls but I'm sure there available now just need to find out what type they are .

No probs Sean hope to see you there m8

Kev

i dont suppose someone with a uk celica gen 6 could look at what type plug goes on the end of the dimmer switch a picture would be nice, as i have a multi plug behind where the switch goes on my import - not sure if its for a dimmer switch , if it is the same plug i'd fit a dimmer switch and get those bulbs as they look class.

marvellous men cheers , that looks very much like the plug on the imports. will have to look at the plug now see if mines a 3 pin connection.

It's probably only a variable resistor, do you want me to test it with the multimeter and see if it is a variable resistor - If it is I can give you the resistances for min and max brightness then you can get some resitors from Maplin for about 20p and stick one across the pins??

i will buy a dimmer switch most likely if its the correct plug for one. cheers anyway.

no probs, is there the space for it, or will you have to buy the whole strip that goes across the steering column (can't see it being too expensive anyway!)

there is a circular pop out where the switch goes.

ahh - nice and easy :D - shouldn't cost more than a few quid - might be easiest to get one from Mr T?

Just thinking about it though - is yours just on max brightness? I'll try unplugging mine and seeing what happens to the brightness - be back in 5 mins with the result..................................

............................ Right just unplugged mine - With it unplugged I get no dash lights what-so-ever so I'm guessing there must be more to it :(

kevstir what is the product code ???????????tried the link that u put up but says not available. love the effect NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDD SOME NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :eek:

Hi m8 the guys over at celica-club.co.uk say they went out of stock today , there looking at getting more in next week , here the link to the page they will appear on , they have red, amber and white left

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/default.php?cPa...0d324bdb4fb53db

product description is

Super Wide Angle blue 5 Leds

Kev

I really want some of these but by the looks of the pics thay won't fit :( .

The bulbs in my car you have to twist them out, i don't wanna buy em and fond that they don't fit.

Ive got a 1994 gen 6 celica GT, not sure what model, as there is no sticker in the engine bay which states the model.

Hi kirstie they will fit no probs, you twist the old ones out and remove the old bulbs from there holder(the bit you twist) and replace with the leds bulbs :D

Kev

1994 gen 6 celica GT = st202 :)