Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Best Leds For The Clocks So Far

Kevstir

I had a set of ElGlow dials on my car but I decided I didn't like them and that I'd prefer some of these leds and the standard dials.

So I ordered 3 of the white ones :) Now, I've put them in but I can't see any light coming from them :( Do they have to go in a certain way? I've checked the fuse for the dash lights and that's good and the dimmer is all the way up.

Any help greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Andrew

as there led's m8 they can only go in one way unlike normal bulbs where it doesnt matter , just pull the led's out and turn them 180 degrees and you should be good to go , when you have the cluster out just switch the lights on you should be able to see the bulbs lit up , saves you putting it all back together only to take it all apart again

Kev

as there led's m8 they can only go in one way unlike normal bulbs where it doesnt matter , just pull the led's out and turn them 180 degrees and you should be good to go , when you have the cluster out just switch the lights on you should be able to see the bulbs lit up , saves you putting it all back together only to take it all apart again

Kev

Thanks Kev,

I kinda thought that was the case, are they in series do you know? I could spend ages swapping them all round if they are and just one wrong will lead to no circuit. I tried to test the leds with my multi meter but couldn't confirm that they work at all, couldn't get a reading through them so I thought they may be dead :(

hi m8 no there not in series , the rest will work even if ones the wrong way round.

i dont know the reason behind this but i know for sure that you will never get a reading from a voltmeter across an led..

hi m8 no there not in series , the rest will work even if ones the wrong way round.

i dont know the reason behind this but i know for sure that you will never get a reading from a voltmeter across an led..

Ah, great thanks, at least I know they're not dead!!!

Many thanks Kev,

Andrew

Excelent,

Got them in now and they really do look the muts nuts. Turns out there was a dodgy connection where I had previously spliced in the power for the old dials stoping the dash lights working. All fixed now and my *new* old dials look amazing in white. Now for the rest of the dash!

Andrew

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links