Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Exhaust Noise Levels

theShire

Wouldn't those rules that you posted be for new cars, you would have to follow the rules that were about when you car was made, which would probably allow more noise.

Personally I would go and insist on having some documentation on it from the cops, some figures to referrence to and to see if it is too loud. If they can't give you any I would seek advice from the citizens advice bureuo (wish I could spell!) they will tell you were you stand

Hi Evan,

Thanks for your PM.

I've just had an idea which I didn't email you about.

Apexi ECV - Exhaust Control Valve.

http://www.apexera.co.jp/carlife/pro_apexi...t_control1.html

Its not for you car but could be adaped I'm sure. Basically its a flange with a valve on it and can be closed to nearly shut when the car is in operation, great for noise testing ;)

Best Regards,

Gareth.

Yea- I saw that and was thinking about it but if the Garda is unwilling to test/prove his point I'm fairly screwed because our local judge will back him all the way! He too has a thing for young male drivers!

As said before, I've got no problem changing/tweaking the current system to remain within the Law but even if I do that- I see this Garda hounding me 4ever!

Thanks for the help Gareth!

btw: what price range for the ECV? Irish guys want 300euro plus fitting- bringing it to about 400euro(about 280 sterling). to me this seems a bit much for what it is!

I could possibly get a new backbox(hopefully quieter) for less than 200euro- just no guarantee that the Garda will be happy with that if I do

Just been looking online at the Kakimoto Racing website( http://www.kakimotoracing.co.jp ), hard enough to understand cos I got no Japanese- thank God for Babelfish.

I found the exact system that is fitted to my car

http://www.kakimotoracing.co.jp/image_TS327.html

and also found what I think is the removable baffle for the rear end

http://www.kakimotoracing.co.jp/01-01_innersilencer.html (bottom of the page)

Any1 think this might help me at all and any1 know of how I could get one?

Any1 think this might help me at all and any1 know of how I could get one?

Yeah I could get that for you, will buzz you tommorow when I find out from Japan overnight.

Regards,

Gaz.

Cheers Gaz, i will go check the exhaust out to make sure of the right part. Then I'll let you know

Again Thanks for the help!!

• 2 months later...

Glad to see another levin owner only joined the other day and we seem to be scarce. I drive a 98 BZR in white also.

Just to clear things up i presume its an aftermarket exhaust ?

Does your car still have the original air box or is it fitted with an induction kit ?

Check to see if it is an aftermarket exhaust if it still has the cat on it .

Mine has a HKS exhaust, it came with a baffle inserted into the tail pipe it reduces the db alot at high revs.

Dave :blink:

Could be interesting....

My old MR2 was 97Db (tested at Combe) from each pipe, since I've gone straight through on the 5 am sure it's a lot louder....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links