Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Extending Warranty

deckie

Hi,

Have a Yaris 3 years in December when the warranty runs out.

Have sent the car to the local dealer for sump repairs on now the fourth occasion. Prevoiusly they only filled it with sealent

and with only three months left on the warranty - they decide now to get some parts replaced to try and fix the problem!

I feel that they should offer another 12 months warranty for, in my opinion, wasting two and a half years to solve the problem.

Not only that, they have no history records of when I previously left the car with them.

Has anybody tried asking to extend their warranties for such service?

Nope and they wont do it either! An extended warranty is between £500-£700 and they wont pay that out!

I suppose you can always ask - the worse they can say is no, but as Blaze works for Toyota, I can pretty much guarantee she'll be right!

yup yup! no harm in asking! But you have to remember, if they buy it its £600ish plus anything else that needs doing whilst your car is under warranty, if its alot, alot will be spent on it, but if you dont have it you'll have to pay for any extra work, but if you do you'll be £600ish worse off to begin with and may or may not need to use it! Its a big gamble either way!

I feel that they should offer another 12 months warranty for, in my opinion,

No chance!

My advice would be to find a decent dealer.

I'm going try and get their hearts missing a beat.....by mentioning that I maybe contacting Trading Standards.

Just to watch their faces............... ;)

lol would be funny to watch! Its even funnier when you say "well okay, ill take my business elsewhere" Then they crawl at your feet! :yes::thumbsup:

lol would be funny to watch! Its even funnier when you say "well okay, ill take my business elsewhere" Then they crawl at your feet!  :yes:  :thumbsup:

Yep I might try that line. Thanks!!

It's booked in for 2 days next week, so I'll weight till they complete the work, then hit them where it hurts!!

It is funny how Toyota "lose" information such as your past visits that they wern't able to help with due to lack of parts etc..or a re-occuring problem that they arn't able to identify..but they always seem to send you reminders about servicing and MOT's which they couldn't lose if they tried.

I had a simple problem with a window seal...booked it to replace..no parts...

booked in later....and oh Sir...it's out of the warrenty now... Yes, I was here 3 weeks ago.... hmm we don't have that on our records!... oh how convenient.

One thing I have nailed them with is my alloys..on 3rd + set now, and I said if they PIT again I'll be coming back for a free replacement again..they say it's out of warranty..I say..aye..the Car is..but alloys are brand new..you telling me you won't cover them for a year from manufacture...they at first said no...I said ok, I look forward to seeing you on watchdog, and walked out...Manager rushed out and stopped me in the car park, and agreed to extend the warranty on the wheels ( which I got in writing just incase they "lost" that bit of information.

My opinon...extended warranty is a gamble..but at the end of the day..they are just trying to keep your custom...and your money. Also, it doesn't cover the cost of parts..but you do get "free" servicing...but not consumables .. like the oh so special Washer fluid at £2-50 and extra special car oil which is 5+ times the price from off the shelf.

If your planning to sell though in the next year say..at least you could pass the warranty on...but this wouldn't gain you much compared to what you pay out.

Go on from what you've seen on here....There aren't many serious problems with the Yaris... I'd take my customer elsewhere to a turstworthy garage who really do want to keep your loyatly and will earn it, and you'll save a packet.

Vipes

• 3 months later...

I have just got my Yaris T Sport (01 plate) and the dealer (non Toyota) is looking to sell me the RAC mechanical breakdown insurance 5* for two years for £325.00 It also includes air conditioning and ABS issues in the price. Was wondering if anyone else has taken this warrenty and if its any good! I have shopped around and found an insurance broker who can offer it at £77.03 a year but doesn't include ABS and air con. Any advice please?

Toyota want to offer the same warrenty for 2 years for £600! Yeah right! :eek:

I must admit my extended warranty runs out in January, but to be fair i have raped it! Had all the little niggley things done when i first got the car, and then had a bigger electrical problem (Massive issue - loose fusebox terminals :lol: ) sorted under warranty!

So i have no complaints really - apart from the fact that Mr T tried to charge me £600 labour for something because the guy on the desk had neglected to tell them that it was a warranty job! :ph34r:

at the first two services I have also had the magical sump repairs, if it happens the third time I will donate £1000 to any random charity.

does anyone know why the sump need to be repaired every year, Mr T has no idea.

Was the sump repaired in the past or did they just ticked it off their list

what do you mean by repaired???? sump is just a pressed tin pan, only things that go wrong is it can leak on the flange or you can be a !Removed! like me + flatten it + put a hole in it :P

Well from what you are saying it sounds worth while then. My mate has a corrolla and the only thing to go wrong in the last 4 years is the starter motor, he didn't have the warrenty and paid it himself. So you had Mr T warrenty. Anyone had a third party as Mr T price sounds pretty expensive :(

You could always ask them how long the repair on the sump will be guarranteed for.. pointing out that it has been an ongoing problem for thast couple of years.. tell them that even though the warranty runs out in 3 weeks, you expect to get a lot longer than a 3 week warranty on the repair.. and get it in writing.