Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can Anyone Help?

janice

hello,

i have an st183, or gen 5 gtr 4ws. i am on holiday in france at the momement with my car, on the way down the car suddenly started running very rough, seem to be misfiring. ome minute fine next minute rough, i have checked the leads and they seem to be on ok. i remember reading somewhere in this forum before about ecu, going, oh almost forgot a warning light intermittanly shows. it's on the left at the top, red, 2 horizontal lines froming a box shape with 4 vertical lines above. can anyone shed some light on this for me thanks janice x

Make sure you haven't got any water down the spark plug holes (around the spark plugs) Make sure your coolant is full - Is the temp OK? You can reset the ECU by pulling out the EFI fuse which will make it run bad for a few miles then it should re-learn everything - but if a warning light is coming on then that probably indicates your problem. One of the GTR owners will be along soon with their owners manual to tell you what the light is!

i think thats the exhaust temp light.

check your coolant, its bogging with heat it seems.

Make sure you haven't got any water down the spark plug holes (around the spark plugs) Make sure your coolant is full - Is the temp OK? You can reset the ECU by pulling out the EFI fuse which will make it run bad for a few miles then it should re-learn everything - but if a warning light is coming on then that probably indicates your problem. One of the GTR owners will be along soon with their owners manual to tell you what the light is!

thanks for your reply,the temp was fine, i reset the ecu and it improved things slightly. janice xx

i think thats the exhaust temp light.

check your coolant, its bogging with heat it seems.

thanks again for your help, iwas in urban traffic when it happened and my exhaust is blowing. i took out a gr8 insurance with europe assistance and the car has been picked up and taken to mr t at no expence to me. i will let you guys know what happened when i hear from them tomorrow, thanks again janice xxxx