Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Needed With A Hpi Check, Please.

mark_n

I have been looking to buy a Corolla to replace the Yaris. So on Saturday I took the plunge I put the deposit down on a 04 reg Corolla T3, with 11500 on the clock (this is from a approved Toyota dealer). Great or so I thought. I got a HPI check done on the car and report came back saying there is a discrepancy with the mileage. I have to ring HPI tomorrow for them to tell me what mileage they have got registered. Everything else came back fine. I havent told the dealer this yet as I only found this out at 8pm tonight.

I dont know how the mileage checking works so I am a bit worried. I dont know how if I should reject the Corolla or what? Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Mark.

If the indicated mileage is significantly less than the mileage held by HPI then it could be a call to the local Trading Standards people.

I am sure they would be interested.

You would of course be in order to reject the Corolla

HPI sometimes make guesses/assumptions so you need to speak to them first. It could be because it's been sitting in a showroom for a year or something like that, so they see when it was 6 months old it had done 11000 miles so they average it out and expect it to have done 33000 miles in 18 months but it hasn't moved.

It isn't neccessarily a bad thing. HPI are the best people to advise though :thumbsup:

It may not be anything, my last supra had a discrepancy on the number of owners it had. Turned out to be just an error on the system.

:thumbsup:

When I gave the Yaris T3 to Toyota as a part-ex for the Blue they had the mileage down on her advert as being less than what I had left on her when I gave her to them. I noticed this when I had a look at the Dealers used car site to see if she was on there.

Also a company sent out a form when I sold her (cant think of the name) asking me to fill in details like her mileage and send back to them to do with combatting fraud. I've got the info at home about it, just cant remember the name right now.

It could be that the owner got the same thing when they gave theirs to toyota and didnt fill in the mileage correctly on the form which has now caused an error?

Just an idea..

I think its best to wait to speak to the HPI people before jumping to any conclusions.... as has been said, could just be a misunderstanding!

Weve had a few discrepancies(?), it usually happens when i dont have the correct mileage for the car, i put an estimate and sometimes im way out which makes the hpi way out! :( Just have a word with them! :)

We HPI's the Scooby before buying it and they came back saying there was outstanding finance secured on the car. We queried this with previous owners who said their loan had been paid off nearly a year previous. So back to HPi who looked further into their records and then only it came back clear :unsure:

I thought it was the dealer's responsibility to give you an HPi with the car - especially on one quite new???

I thought it was the dealer's responsibility to give you an HPi with the car - especially on one quite new???

If its a toyota dealership all they have to do is ask about it and they should be allowed to see it! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links