Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door Locking!

Melanie M

:angry: We bought a brand new RAV 4 XTR two weeks ago, but have RF interference in my area affecting the remote central locking. The vehicle has been back to the dealership, and had various sensors replaced, but the problem still persists. The RAC have scanned frequencies and not found anything specific, but we still cannot guarantee to be able to open the vehicle with the remote at any time. This has meant several mornings of opening the car manually, and setting the alarm off, then driving a mile or so to open and close the car with the remote. If we lock the car using the internal door locking button, we cannot set the alarm... any ideas?

hold the fob up to your head.

Seriously.. This amplifies the signal.... Probably give you a tumour, but at least you`ll be able to unlock the car ok. :huh:

Seriously.. This amplifies the signal.... Probably give you a tumour, but at least you`ll be able to unlock the car ok. :huh:

lol :!Removed!:

Tis true, holding the fob to your head does indeed amplify the signal, it uses you as an aerial of sorts :P

I did this with my Yaris once as me and the guys were seeing if the remotes would work from quite a distance away... mine did! :P

I think its something to do with the electrical impulses in the brain that magnify the signal from the fob.....

Pretty amazing stuff though!

We tried that, sometimes works, but not always... dealer brought another new RAV over this morning, same problem!!! thanks though.....