Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Increase Bhp?

bfckarlos

Just want a few ideas on increasing BHP on my '99 2.0L (it's standard at mo, so thats 125 BHP).

Not that I'm looking to do it right at moment but wanted to get a few points on what could be done, if I decide to. I like the engine but just think would benefit from a little tweaking.

What has anyone done to there's to get more.

Obviously cost is an issue, as I don't have much. :crybaby:

3S-FE? If it is then i'd start with a free flow air filter, like a replacement panel type.

I recently fitted a K&N panel filter to mine (fit's in the existing air box) and it's made quite a difference. The engine is now more torquey. About 40 quid or so if I remember correct. Worth it considering you don't have to change the filter again!

Would like to hear any other simple mods that some may have for this engine too!

3S-FE?  If it is then i'd start with a free flow air filter, like a replacement panel type.

I recently fitted a K&N panel filter to mine (fit's in the existing air box) and it's made quite a difference.  The engine is now more torquey. About 40 quid or so if I remember correct.  Worth it considering you don't have to change the filter again!

Would like to hear any other simple mods that some may have for this engine too!

Thanks for the reply, hope we get some more suggestions.

Mount a brand name complete cat-back exhaust kit, that should do the trick :drool:

remus is the best. supersprint is really good too. and of course all of the japanese are good too (greddy, 5zigen, etc etc). however you're looking at about 500 euros for this operation i think. that, plus a k&n high-flow air filter, which is quite cheap (~50 euros i think). and then get it chip-tuned at a modding house with a good background and reputation, if you do all that you should pretty much be driving a different car :D

sorry, but except the new air filter i dont know of any good mods for small bucks. if that was actually possible dont you think toyota wouldnt have built it in already???

(oh, and have i mentioned you can stick a bolt-on turbo kit on it... :hokus-pokus: )

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links