Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My New User Name!

paseo gt turbo

hi matt

How hard was it to do the rear axle conversion? i want to do it on my sera..

I love your new name! on my insurance documents they call my sera a Sera GT Turbo... that put a BIG smile on my face :D

Tim :thumbsup:

How hard was it to do the rear axle conversion? i want to do it on my sera..

ditto, and how hard especially for the abs equipped? ive been waiting for them to bring out the abs kit for ages :!Removed!:

Hi

myself and JBmotorsport did it, but it was a pain in the ar5e to do! we didnt change the axle just the brake assembly and hub etc. it took abit of work as you have to grind the inside of the axle away slightly to let the new hub sit inside, you then have to bore a hole in the dust gaurd and carrier to fit the abs sensor which has to be in the exact same possition as on the original drum. with the disc itself you have to turn a diameter using a lathe on the rear of the hub part. this is to sit the toothed abs ring that the sensor picks up on. we had to prise it off of the old drum assembly and then using a hydraulic press we pushed it onto the new disc, also keeping it in the exact possition as on the drum. we used the starlet hand brake cables but new cabale brackets/tensions had to be made up.

takes alot of work but its worth it if you hate drum brakes as much as me! and Tim if you have a 4efte engine i would imagine you would need them to?

matt

where's jbmotorsport located btw? cause im going to oxford brookes for uni in september, so ill be able to have the time for the disc conversion with abs if jbm are willing...pm me if ya want

takes alot of work but its worth it if you hate drum brakes as much as me! and Tim if you have a 4efte engine i would imagine you would need them to?

matt

I haven't had a problem with the brakes so far.. they have uprated pad's and steel braided cables and dot 5 brake fluid which does make a hell of a difference!

But i have a spare rear axle from my front cut and i would love to fit it.. more looks than anything else and the rear brakes only are 15% of the overall stopping power i have heard.

Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

tim :thumbsup:

I'm still on drum brakes at the back with my Turbo Sera. Haven't felt the need to upgrade, although Tim has higher ambitions with his engine (I've got another car for that!)