Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Seat Removal

raywong

i need some :help:

i know that a few of u have taken your rear seats out? just wondering if it's hard to do so? and can u give me a bit of advice with how to take it off?

thx a lot

Ray :)

there is four bolts, two when the seat is flipped up, remove these, put seat back down

then on the frontthere is two plastic covers near the centre, pull these both off and reveal the bolts, remove these and the seat will lift out

should take 5 to 10 mins

Hope this helps

Nick

that sound easy, :) i will have a look at it tomorrow as it's raining heavily outside!!!

cheers

simple enough job, if i remember correctly think they are 14mm just be carefull to use correct head, as ur round the nuts off otherwise which is what i nearly did :lol:

on mine (phase two) all you had to do was unbolt the two bolts at the front

(In case any phase 2 owners are reading this)

simple enough job, if i remember correctly think they are 14mm just be carefull to use correct head, as ur round the nuts off otherwise which is what i nearly did  :lol:

bolts charlie, not nuts................ and ray, charlie is right........... the bolts are made from mashed spuds ;)

I only got 3 of the 4 bolts I took out back in but it seems safe enough and who's gonna check for them when I go to sell it? :ph34r:

I only got 3 of the 4 botls I took out back in but it seems safe enough and who's gonna check for them when I go to sell it? :ph34r:

did u have to give up due to arm ake :lol:

god knows what i was on when i put my rear seats back in, tried to take them out the other day.. that bolts not going anywhere <_<

:help: Excuse me for asking the obvious but why do you want to remove the rear seats <_<

Makes it lighter mate, therefore quicker, the rear seats weigh a fair bit! :yes:

especially if i'm gonna go to snnta pod next week... and i dont wanna b the slowest car of the day :D

if i can manage, i'll even try to remove the passenger seat as well :P

thx for the advice ppl

really?

i will definitely give it a go then! u tried doing that then ryan? does it make a noticeable change to the performance?

Ray :thumbsup:

I have done both, anything to get my 1 litre going faster, yeah I noticed the difference but its nothing spectacular! :thumbsup:

every little helps :)

Welcome to the club Ian 12b!!! and u got two yaris as well???

nice!!

Ray

be careful when pulling out the front seat.

There is a litle lead which connects to the seat (god knows why) maybe for the airbag or something. Make sure you disconnect that before ripping it out.

I didnt,almost broke it :/

Its directly under the seat should be a yellow adapter, cant miss it.

be careful when pulling out the front seat.

There is a litle lead which connects to the seat (god knows why) maybe for the airbag or something. Make sure you disconnect that before ripping it out.

I didnt,almost broke it :/

Its directly under the seat should be a yellow adapter, cant miss it.

:thumbsup: side airbag

bare in mind removing this seat will diable the rest of ur airbags aswell

but i dont have a T-sport, it's only a SR, i guess i wouldnt have that wire. But thx for letting me know :thumbsup:

Ray

• 14 years later...

Hey, I took out all 4 bolts but the rear seat is loose but not coming out. What am I missing ?  2009 Yaris Hatchback 

Wouldn't expect too many responses from the previous posters. Rob...this thread is 15 years old.!

• Haha 1