Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thats Buggered It !

eddie v twin

Well my transponder key has goneup the swanny, and toyota say I need to purchase a new immobiliser, ECU, transponder coil and amplifier and keys !!!!!!!!!!, has any one here come across this problem before or found another way round it ??, otherwise looks like I may have to scrap the car !!! help ?

Eddie 07766492436

I need to purchase a new immobiliser, ECU, transponder coil and amplifier and keys

NO YOU DON'T!!!

Toyota will be able to issue a new 'Key' after taking all details from you.

If dealer said this to you then I would go to another dealer.

Your new key will not be cheap (over £100) but to say the lot needs replacing is a disgrace... it's as if they perhaps hoped you would buy another car off them? <_<

my dealer tried to sell me a new ecu at £1200 when my abs wasnt working , i got the car home and found the last keeper removed the fuse to try and get the dashboard light off ( turned out to be a dirty abs connection ) - put fuse in and light went off abs was fine - cost == nothing.toyota dealers can be a joke at times.search eBay for TRANSPONDER KEYS.lots of peeps who deal with keys on there. :thumbsup:

What is the model of the car in question? Are none of the Transponder keys working?

A work colleague of mine told me how because the ABS light was on that he would need a new dash cluster on his Honda. Basically the cost was in the region of £500-£1000.

I would always seek a second opinion when you are sceptical or even when your not. I think a lot of dealers these days are notoriously bad at diagnosing faults.

Anyway in this case it did not require a new fuse cant remember what it was but was nowhere near the original quote price and nothing to do with the dash cluster!

Hi only got the one transponder key, but phoned up another toyota dealer who advertises on e-bay , and he's told me different , seems i need a new key and ignition lock and transponder ecu about £170

Eddie

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links