Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aircon Cleaners.

GT4 BOOSTER

i have seen 2 on the web , WINNS and COMMA , they basically kill mould and bacteria living in the aircon which makes it smell when you switch on.question is has any of you guys tried this and what were the results if any . :thumbsup:

i assume it works through the vent system rather than the actual aircon :blink:

if so seems a good idea as moisture and heat inside the tubing creates a little haven for the festering crap

There was a thread about this in the Avensis section a while back.

Someone suggested that the best way to do it is to use one of those portable kitchen steam cleaners and blast it into the intake vent with the aircon running on full. The steam kills all the nasties and the conditioner condenses the remaining moisture and dumps it.

If I recall, the sprays had some success, but didn't last too long on a particularly sticky car.

i did the boil the kettle tip 3 weeks ago, and what results i had , air con is now freezing , i got 2 tins of this for my fathers jaguar as i dont think he would boil a kettle in his car.

I've used the Wynns product to good affect, Had a bad smell in my old Lexus IS200,used the wynns spray in all the vents, heater box and fan pipework, got rid of the smell and stayed sweet for a good 8 months afterwards :thumbsup:

30202.gif

i did the boil the kettle tip 3 weeks ago, and what results i had , air con is now freezing , i got 2 tins of this for my fathers jaguar as i dont think he would boil a kettle in his car.

I wanna try the boil a kettle method....but my mum has one of those steam cleaners of QVC so i'll guess i'll just rob that :thumbsup:

Can you guys give me some intructions on what to do etc with my yaris?

Cheers :thumbsup: !

take the glove box out is the best bet. put aircon on fully cold and fan on full.also on recirculated air. allow steam to enter recirc air intake vent for approx 20 mins , you will get water running from under the car out of the condensor/evaporator overflow pipe.after 20 minutes run aircon on fresh air setting for 10 minutes to dry out inner pipework.COMMA recommend that you open vents to fresh air setting not recirc at least 10 minutes before the end of any journey to dry out inner pipework, never park at anytime with the recirc setting left on , always on fresh air , so air can blow through system and dry out inner pipework.worked for me - goodluck. :thumbsup:

take the glove box out is the best bet. put aircon on fully cold and fan on full.also on recirculated air. allow steam to enter recirc air intake vent for approx 20 mins , you will water running from under the car out of the condensor/evaporator overflow pipe.after 20 minutes run aircon on fresh air setting for 10 minutes to dry out inner pipework.COMMA recommend that you open vents to fresh air setting not recirc at least 10 minutes before the end of any journey to dry out inner pipework, never park at anytime with the recirc setting left on , always on fresh air , so air can blow through system and dry out inner pipework.worked for me - goodluck. :thumbsup:

Cheers dude :thumbsup: !