Do Not Sell My Personal Information

04 Cts, Clutch & Warranty...

St3ve

Am I right in thinking a clutch is covered in the warranty?

I know they are normally classed as a wear and tear item, however I specifically remember the selling dealer saying they were covered...

Can anyone confirm?

Not having much luck with noisy transmission :rolleyes:

It'd depend what you were claiming for. If you've burnt the clutch out it'll be wear and tear. If the clutch has just exploded, slipping or acring funny it'll be covered by warranty. What's up?

It'd depend what you were claiming for. If you've burnt the clutch out it'll be wear and tear. If the clutch has just exploded, slipping or acring funny it'll be covered by warranty. What's up?

I believe the bearings have gone in it, as if you rev the engine stationary it makes what i can only descibe as a scraping sound which changes pitch with the engine speed.

Goes away when the clutch is pressed..

I believe the bearings have gone in it, as if you rev the engine stationary it makes what i can only descibe as a scraping sound which changes pitch with the engine speed.

that sounds like your thrust bearing. your warranty should cover that i had it replaced in the mrs yaris :thumbsup::thumbsup:

that sounds like your thrust bearing. your warranty should cover that i had it replaced in the mrs yaris :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thats the description I was looking for....It is Friday afterall :wacko:

Nah, it's the wrong way around for the thrust bearing. You'd get the noise when you put your foot on the clutch cause thats when it shunts the crank up against the thrust bearing.

Is the noise present only in neutral or does it make it in gear?

hi,

have mentioned before, iv not long had a new clutch and thrust bearing... replaced on warranty due to strange noises... done 1000 miles still good.

must admit, the clutch feels different to when it was replaced, bite point has raised a bit. i think the standard cts clutch is not "man enough" for the job and seems to wear quickly... its still silent with no odd noises though... hope it stays that way too...

get it changed if your not happy... its worth it.

:thumbsup: bert

took it down yesterday, Service chappie had a listern and said he would get a clutch ordered...

Cheers All! :thumbsup:

Nah, it's the wrong way around for the thrust bearing. You'd get the noise when you put your foot on the clutch cause thats when it shunts the crank up against the thrust bearing.

Is the noise present only in neutral or does it make it in gear?

It was when ever the clutch was engaged so to speak, so either in gear or neutral.

Being sorted though :D

must admit, the clutch feels different to when it was replaced, bite point has raised a bit. i think the standard cts clutch is not "man enough" for the job and seems to wear quickly...

I don't think it's that, as some people (like me, Jan 2003 car)) have had no problems with the clutch. I think it must be either a part manufacturing defect or an installation issue. It's possible the supplier changed I guess and there may have been a bad batch or two of components.

Paul.

:( it does seem like poor build quality and possible poor assembly my friend has had 2 new gearboxes and still struggles to go in first at times.

i have been told the auto boxes are strong but only time will tell ;) ;)