Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Yaris Prices?

yannis

any ideas about whether the new yaris is going to be more expensive than the current one? I would imagine that they are not going to continue selling the old one? The new yaris apparently is called Vitz in Japan and it's already on sale. I am not yet sure I prefer its design over the old one...

yannis

Hi there.

Chances are that it will be slightly more expensive than the current model - that just seems to be what happens...

A

Hi there.

Chances are that it will be slightly more expensive than the current model - that just seems to be what happens...

A

Plus as well it is a slightly bigger car so I'd expect they'll work that fact (plus hopefully they'll be better equipped at entry level too) into any pricing structures.....

The price will be slightly more expensive to cover the cost of the development of the new car if the new Yaris is as good as the currant one people will buy them by the truck load. Toyota don’t make cheap and nasty cars the fact is you have to pay for quality. We will all want one when it grows on us you’ll will see.

Most likely going to be more expensive than the current one as Toyota have brought out the Aygo now, so they'd want to push the prices of the Yaris up slightly to compensate the range.

But it shouldnt be too much difference i hope!

Toyota don’t make cheap and nasty cars the fact is you have to pay for quality

this is true, although be nice is we got a little more quality for the money, hopefully the mk2 will provide that. the interior is a bit plasticy

Jay

Well the sales manager is getting excited about it at our place! He now has a picture of it! But no idea when they will release prices!

Well the sales manager is getting excited about it at our place! He now has a picture of it! But no idea when they will release prices!

can we see that picture? or if not can you confirm that the new yaris is the Vitz currently on sale in Japan?

Yes its on sale there, there are a few posts here with the piccies of the new yaris in it! try searching there! :thumbsup:

can we see that picture? or if not can you confirm that the new yaris is the Vitz currently on sale in Japan?

Yeah its the same car (apart from the name of course!)

There are loads of threads with pictures though! :thumbsup:

With the Argo now out the Yaris is "belived" to be slightly more expensive than current, but it will be bigger etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Resurrecting an old thread here, but somehow it didn't warrant a new one...

This has just been posted over on Echofans:-

Yaris Configurator

Remember that that is for the US and (possibly) Canada, so we should have far more kit as standard (ABS, split fold rear seats etc...)

Have fun,

Alan

Thats excellent Al - but it wouldnt give me a price.....?

I chose Blazing Blue Metallic, 15 inch alloys, rear spoiler, fogs, CD/MP3, Air Con, 60/40 folding rear seats & remote keyless entry!

Wish it'd give me a price though so I know roughly what I'm gonna have to spend!

We get a nicely kitted up Yaris RS version here in Canada, delivery October 17th, no pricing yet though...Seems our Canadian tastes are far more European than the US...

The US seems to be positioning the car differently, there is no mention of them even getting side skirts as an option...I'm sure the Scion in the US affects the way Toyota is positioning the car as well, since Scion is their "youth, customization, tuner" brand...

Yaris Configurator

i click on the above but once i click on an area of the usa it does nothing and goes back to the begining

is the below pic the same as the RS? just under a different name for a different country or another model?

5020346521641--ss.jpg

Most likely going to be more expensive than the current one as Toyota have brought out the Aygo now, so they'd want to push the prices of the Yaris up slightly to compensate the range.

But it shouldnt be too much difference i hope!

Oh it'll be more expensive, alright! The Aygo pricing is far too close to that of the Yaris at the moment. I think the new model Yaris will change that. :yes:

Resurrecting an old thread here, but somehow it didn't warrant a new one...

This has just been posted over on Echofans:-

Yaris Configurator

Remember that that is for the US and (possibly) Canada, so we should have far more kit as standard (ABS, split fold rear seats etc...)

Have fun,

Alan

Damn! He beat me to it! ;)

And yes, Canada do seem to be nearer to the European market than America. They have the Echo hatchback which is their version of our Yaris. The Americans never got the hatch. They only had the Echo sedan. This time, the US will get the Yaris hatchback but, As Alan says, the spec on our models will be higher as standard.

hi guys, I am back...

I've got my finance in place...and I have found a very good deal on an almost new yaris...

Yaris 1.0 VVti T2 semi-automatic for 5,495...with only 3.000 miles on it - registered in 2004 - the dealer claims that the previous owner had some health problem and had to sell it...

I am going to see it tomorrow and buy it right away if I like it. What do you think? Would that be too good to be true? What shall I look for? Only negative is that the car is red and 1.0litter but it may be more powerful than the 1.0 litter of the Aygo...any ideas? To get this new it would cost me around 8,500...and this is almost brand new? any ideas?

thanks

Yannis

It wouldnt be more powerful than the Aygo, if anything the Aygo carries less weight, so would be very slightly quicker.

It sounds like a very good deal on the T2, but make sure you are happy with everything first before you buy, its ok to walk away and think about it!

Red is a nice colour - according to legend red cars go faster you know! ;) :D

In the Sun Newspaper today there was a write-up on the Frankfurt show (I was reading it on my lunch hour) and it says a brief bit about the new Yaris and prices start from £8,500 which is more than what the current P2 Basic T2 is priced at new.

As for the T2 - of course it's good, it's a Yaris but it's the very basic spec you can get which puts some people off of it.

I have my new yaris :) my little ferrari.

it's worth every penny - it may lack aircondition but for 5.5k i think it was worth it.

the car has been hardly touched - it's brand new from the inside and the outside - even the tires look brand new.

that was a luck one...

and of course I should mention that it drives really well...I felt it's much stronger than the Aygo - some friends of mine say that's because it has 16valves as opposed to 12...

thanks for all your guidance :)

yannis