Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lift On All Gears

martenj76

I read here somewhere that you can´t stay in the liftzone (between 6000 - 8200 RPM) on all gears. I just tried and it is possible! Just rev the engine nearly to the red mark and change gear quickly and you have that nicely acceleration on all gears.

When i first clocked my car from 0-60 i didn´t know of this that i had to rev the engine to just 8200 RPM before change gears to stay in liftzone but anyway i got the time 8 secs!!

Buy the Close Ratio tranny from C-One or Kaaz, You'll stay in lift on all gears my friend...!!!

with the stock one you can only stay on lift in the first and second gear, third gear the engine revs down exactly to 6k rpm!!! just lilttle bit out of the lift!!!

Buy the Close Ratio tranny from C-One or Kaaz, You'll stay in lift on all gears my friend...!!!

with the stock one you can only stay on lift in the first and second gear, third gear the engine revs down exactly to 6k rpm!!! just lilttle bit out of the lift!!!

how much do they set you back ? and i assume they are expensive to fit ?? do you know what do they do for the 0-60 time?

yeah that´s perhaps right but u reach 60 mph with just the first and second gear so it should not be any advantage 0-60 with the close gear settings. To reach maximum speed above 60 mph it should make a difference.

I did some tests and IT IS possible to stay in lift, trust me! I don´t know if there is a modification between the 2002 and 2003 version perhaps.

I rev the engine to almost 8200 rpm´s and the changed to 3:rd gear it landed on 6200 rpm´s and the lift were there!

I to believe that I can stay in the lift through the full gear range, thought I don't understand how you guys can say where the neddle is on the rec counter, my eyes are glued to the road at these speeds, but you do have to be very slick with the shifting,

I'm still waiting for the TTE Quick shift kit, which reducers gear lever travel by 33% this should make it even easier, cost should be around £150 supllied and fitted. :thumbsup:

I to believe that I can stay in the lift through the full gear range, thought I don't understand how you guys can say where the neddle is on the rec counter, my eyes are glued to the road at these speeds, but you do have to be very slick with the shifting,

I'm still waiting for the TTE Quick shift kit, which reducers gear lever travel by 33% this should make it even easier, cost should be around £150 supllied and fitted. :thumbsup:

I do my tests on straight forward roads and not the most turning ones ofcourse... when it´s much corners i watch the road :D

Hi Jake boyo

I thoght that they were not going to make the quick shift for the UK.

When are you having yours?

i have spoke to my toyota dealer about fitting the quick shift kit 2 weeks ago they said toyota uk will not support the tte quick shift kit all engine warrenty will be invalid :o