Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Removing Roof Spoiler E10

obsidian

My roof spoiler is starting to lose paint, it's as if air/liquid got under the upper paint layer and it's now starting to loosen all over.

Now I'm going to get it resprayed, but I can't seem to get it off the boot. I've undone the two screws under the rubber grommets, one which houses the cabling to the 3d brake light, but its still as stuck as ever.

I suspect that they've been glued on, and I've tried a bit of force, but if I use any more force I fear I'll damage te paintwork on the boot, or the glass.

Any tips to get the spoiler loose? Or should I take the entire car to the bodyshop and get them to do the dirty work? I'd rather remove the spoiler myself than have a ham-handed mechanic rip it to pieces. (no offence to mechanics/bodyshop personnel, but if there's damage to be done, I'd rather do it myself).

Advice, anyone?

Thanks

Is it at the top of the boot hatch, or at the bottom, either way it will be glued on, and will be difficult to remove.

Inspect the seal carefully, see if theres any gaps, or if you can get a pin underneath the spoiler, the work around the seal carefully from there.

thanks

Spacefaceuk

Is it at the top of the boot hatch, or at the bottom, either way it will be glued on, and will be difficult to remove.

Inspect the seal carefully, see if theres any gaps, or if you can get a pin underneath the spoiler, the work around the seal carefully from there.

thanks

Spacefaceuk

It's at the top, see attached photo.

There are a few gaps, will try your advice asap. Thanks!

small.jpg

hi,

i had to have my spoiler removed off my cts to replace rear window washer. the work was covered under warranty. i had to have a brand new spoiler as its impossible to remove without breaking it, so they said at the toyota dealers body shop anyway.

id take the whole car and mask around the spoiler and spray it on the car.

:thumbsup: bert

hi,

i had to have my spoiler removed off my cts to replace rear window washer. the work was covered under warranty. i had to have a brand new spoiler as its impossible to remove without breaking it, so they said at the toyota dealers body shop anyway.

id take the whole car and mask around the spoiler and spray it on the car.

:thumbsup: bert

I had a bit of a tug-and-pull today, and no joy. AAARGH!

So, as per your advice, off to the bodyshop we go. Spraying it while on the car is not an option, as it's peeling on the edges as well...

Thanks for the inputs chaps!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links