Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tools.......

daktari

Hey all. After many years of faithfull service i`ve decided to retire some of my old sockets. They do more damage than good nowadays.

If anyone knows where i can get a set of reasonably priced, professional quality, wall drive sockets, Metric & A/F 3/8 & 1/2 drive, long and short reach i`d appreciate it. Don`t really need the ratchets as i`ve got more than enough as it is. Definately not interested in Snap-on stuff as it`s over rated and well over price.

Cheers all.

Dak.

Never going to use mine again but they're probably as well used as yours  ;)

Never`s a lifetime Les.... You never know. <_<

I thought i wouldn`t need mine again.. :lol::lol:

dunno tried machine mart?

my rachets went a knacker got em replaced today bin breakin my knuckles on them for ages when they spin

dunno tried machine mart?

my rachets went a knacker got em replaced today bin breakin my knuckles on them for ages when they spin

Lee. Try Halfords ratchets... Prob too late now... I`ve been using the resin bodied ones for a few years.. The b***y things are indestructible. And if the ratchet does go, you can actually get replacement internals. Top quality and good price. :thumbsup:

Most of the Machine mart stuff tends to be use twicw and dispose of. Although i`ve got a clarke angle grinder that refuses to die. :lol:

I like to use Craftsman tools. They're reasonably priced, very well made, and if you break one (regardless of where you got it, how old it is, or how it broke) you can take it to Sears and get a replacement free, no questions asked.

But they probably don't have Sears in the UK :P

I like to use Craftsman tools.  They're reasonably priced, very well made, and if you break one (regardless of where you got it, how old it is, or how it broke) you can take it to Sears and get a replacement free, no questions asked. 

But they probably don't have Sears in the UK :P

Thanks puls... very useful. :lol: Quite a few manufacturers over here offer a lifetime guarantee... Draper. Britool. Elora. Snap-on. Teng. Lot of people don`t realise it and thats how they make there money. No free replacements. Pays to read the small print. :D

My old stuff is mainly Britool and Elora but i reckon 20 odd years of wear and tear is fair enough and asking for replacements is pushing the limit somewhat. :D :thumbsup:

http://www.drapertools.com/draper/Templates/draper/

I am slowly replacing all my cheapy sockets and tools... I use the draper profesional stuff, both 1/2" and 3/8" cracking stuff.. very tough, easy to clean, nice to use....

Its amazing the difference decent tools make...

The prices are not too daft either...

Snap-On makes nice stuff, and they're a local company, with their headquarters just a short distance south from where I live (they're in Kenosha, WI).

I'd buy more of their stuff, but it costs a fortune :|

http://www.drapertools.com/draper/Templates/draper/

I am slowly replacing all my cheapy sockets and tools... I use the draper profesional stuff, both 1/2" and 3/8" cracking stuff.. very tough, easy to clean, nice to use....

Its amazing the difference decent tools make...

The prices are not too daft either...

Good link Karma... Cheers matey. :thumbsup:

Snap-On makes nice stuff, and they're a local company, with their headquarters just a short distance south from where I live (they're in Kenosha, WI). 

I'd buy more of their stuff, but it costs a fortune :|

Yeah. I`ve got a few snap on bits & pieces but i`m not overly impressed. They should really be made of titanium or something for the price. :lol:

got a replacement set of rachets free, made by rolson bout 20 quid for the 3,

ive got a power devil tool kit only 40 quid the rachetrs had to be replaced and i broke the extension in a freak he man moment but value for money great god a nice big ranage of gear and i know if owts missing with the blow moulded case,

ive also got a clarke welder does the job nicely but makes u swear abit while using it

Kennedy tackle :yes:

if you can find a rep or a 'Cromwells' near you they sell it

i was using my 12mm c-ring as a flogging spanner on the car, and thought 'if it dies, it dies'...

not even a scuff in the jaws :D top notch

im pretty sure they do a massive set of most metric and 'old money' with 1/8, 1/4 and 1/2 inch tackle. youll get the ratchets aswell but its just part of the kit, keep meaning to get one for myself instead of using the old bits of tin in me old mans tool box :rolleyes: