Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speaker Upgrade - Tweeters

stay_aliveuk

I have read a couple of posts regarding adding tweeters. What are the types I should be looking for and where are they best located.

Anyone upgraded their factory fit speakers/head unit and was it worth it?

Cheers

Paul

Did mine using standard Toyota parts - replacing mirror covers with new ones and mounting the tweeters inside - the wiring etc is already there - not even 10 mins to do the lot.

Not changed anything else on the sound system - not a brilliant set-up but OK for my (half-deaf) ears ...

I like the sound of a ten minute job, if you pardon the pun. Don't suppose you could dig out the part numbers and costs.

Cheers

Info. (thanks to Sparkydog) is:

Part numbers (My Rav is an 04 XT3 , So check these part no.s before you commit to purchase ) are 86160-42090 speaker ®, 86160-42100 speaker (L), 67491-42040 channel, 67492-42040 channel.approx £90 for the lot.

The same parts fitted my O4 model just fine - wiring already there wrapped in sponge sleeve - do a "Sparkydog" post search for fitting info. - someone posted a door card removal thread too somewhere I recall (though I have removed so many over the years it is simple some may find it a bit fiddly).

Good luck - let us know how you get on. :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links