Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My New Corolla

Jones~32

and here it is:

CorollaGXI1.jpg

CorollaGXI2.jpg

CorollaGXI3.jpg

I'll get some better pics up after i've washed it tomorrow!

Just needs some nice alloys on it now :yes:

Been doing loads of work on it yesterday and today and i'm well chuffed with it now :D

Any views/advice welcome :thumbsup:

Mike

It looks nice mate , i had 2 of this ones but here in the Netherlands we haven only the 4A-FE 1600 could the GTSI and looks the same as yours :thumbsup:

was it parked near the railway arches in town yesterday? if it wasn't, there was a black K plater, just like it! i noticed it coz it's not that often you see one!

was it parked near the railway arches in town yesterday? if it wasn't, there was a black K plater, just like it!  i noticed it coz it's not that often you see one!

No it wasnt in town yesterday, it was on axle stands on me drive! :lol:

Think im going to have to go for 16" wheels, dont think 17s will fit :wacko:

lol :D

honestly then mate, you've got a double! same reg and everything

17's will definitely go on. the back arches on mine are really small - i never thought in a million years i could get 17's on it. as long as you get the right offset, it's ok. don't get me wrong, it's very tight - there's about 5mm if that between the back of the wheel and the strut. and they rub a bit if i take a bend quick with someone in the back. but with a normal load, i've never had any problems with rubbing, and it's lowered 35mm

however, the wheels on my old one (slightly different offset) would catch over big bumps. that one was on standard springs and shocks (which were 20 years old)

lol  :D

honestly then mate, you've got a double! same reg and everything

17's will definitely go on. the back arches on mine are really small - i never thought in a million years i could get 17's on it. as long as you get the right offset, it's ok. don't get me wrong, it's very tight - there's about 5mm if that between the back of the wheel and the strut. and they rub a bit if i take a bend quick with someone in the back. but with a normal load, i've never had any problems with rubbing, and it's lowered 35mm

however, the wheels on my old one (slightly different offset) would catch over big bumps. that one was on standard springs and shocks (which were 20 years old)

:lol:

Really not sure whether 17s are gonna fit though, fitted KYB shocks today all round with Fensport lowering springs -35mm and even with the standard 14" alloys the clearance looks tight, i think 16s will possibly be the best compromise as 17 do look very big :D

Does handle very nice with the new suspension :D :thumbsup:

that's the only thing really - it won't handle as well. but you trade one for the other whichever way you go - looks better on 17's but handles worse, and vice versa.

try to speak to MSC Kev, or have a look at his "garage". he's got what must be one of the best AE102's on the road! i'm sure his has 17's on it, lowered

try to speak to MSC Kev, or have a look at his "garage". he's got what must be one of the best AE102's on the road! i'm sure his has 17's on it, lowered

Yeah, just been on his garage before, looks nice :drool:

Seen some nice Team Dynamics wheels 16s in black, think they'd go quite well on mine :thumbsup:

Where did you get your alloys from?

i got mine from wheelbase in oldham. i think i paid £740 for a set of Arospeed RS GT's with Toyos, which was good then, as they were really dear when they came out. you can get them cheaper now.

demon tweeks are good as well, but can be a bit dear sometimes. also, if you go there, go in the week. my dad bought a set of wheels there a couple of years ago at the weekend, and we had to wait about 5 hours to get them fitted

i dunno about all black though - they might look a bit lost on a black car. i'd go the opposite way and put white wheels on it, to contrast the paint. but it's not my car :!Removed!:

Think i need to go down there and try both colours :thumbsup:

Want to make sure im getting wheels that fit right and look good considering how much its going to cost :ffs:

might book a day off and go down to Demon Tweeks next week :D

she's looking good dude wish that mine was in black  :(

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

Will be a lot better when ive got my new alloys on :D

Black wheels on a black car don't look too bad,

Some people think it's too much, but I'm happy with mine. A little different.

Plus you could always go for Anthracite (Gun metal/Charcoal Grey) instead of full black.

And the wheels look anthracite when they are dirty anyway. :lol:

Black wheels on a black car don't look too bad,

Some people think it's too much, but I'm happy with mine. A little different.

Plus you could always go for Anthracite (Gun metal/Charcoal Grey) instead of full black.

And the wheels look anthracite when they are dirty anyway.  :lol:

Yeah, i've been playin around on MS Paint trying to get an idea what it would look like with black rims, and i think it'd look cool, and like you say, different :thumbsup:

What rims you got on yours?

Mike

Yeah, i've been playin around on MS Paint trying to get an idea what it would look like with black rims, and i think it'd look cool, and like you say, different :thumbsup:

What rims you got on yours?

Mike

I'm not sure of the name, they are Excite rims (twin 5-spoke) which come in silver but I had them re-sprayed black.

Rich K.

P.S. I've added an attachment but I don't know if it will work, it's in the album area too.

post-13671-1125477261_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure of the name, they are Excite rims (twin 5-spoke) which come in silver but I had them re-sprayed black.

Rich K.

P.S. I've added an attachment but I don't know if it will work, it's in the album area too.

Yeah, your attachment works, nice wheels, i like :thumbsup:

Just put my name down tonight for some Team Dynamics wheels in black, should have them early next week :D

Mike

Rich K.

Just put my name down tonight for some Team Dynamics wheels in black, should have them early next week :D

Mike

Welcome To the Dark(Wheel)side. :D

And regardless of how clean they look when they arrive, Wash and "Wheel wax" (or similar product) them to protect them from the start. Don't wait for the finish to dull or anything like that.

Rich K.

Mike

Welcome To the Dark(Wheel)side. :D

And regardless of how clean they look when they arrive, Wash and "Wheel wax" (or similar product) them to protect them from the start. Don't wait for the finish to dull or anything like that.

:lol: The dark side, like it :lol:

thanks for the tip, will be sure to wash em when they arrive

Cheers :thumbsup:

Mike

• 2 years later...

Wow fantastic! The only thing is that the wing mirrors are not body colour but it doesn't matter seen as the default plastic colour is black anyways! That is my dream car that exact model (I don't like the bug eyed version at all) with all black and black wheels. Gorgeous!