Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Century.

Uncle Bob

I was searching for more info about the Century and saw your post and thought "O good someone else has got one" but it turned out to be my car!

I go to Japan quite a bit (I import Japanese campers and vans) and bought this as a bit of a joke/bet whilst I was last there. I intend to run it for a while when it gets back here which is around 1st September.

Spent around an hour in it whilst in Japan and everything works even all four quarter light windows. I will post more when its back in a week or two.

One thing is for sure which is I doubt I will see another one on the roads!

David.

Hi David, "what a small old world :thumbsup: ", i'm also a member of the TEC ( Toyota Enthusiast Club, and two members own the Century model, one is an 1984 , the other a 1997 example, both in Black, although i've seem photo's of white examples.

As you say in your advert, used by the top Japanese businessmen, out in japan if your driven round in this motor, you are a much respected person.

4.0 V8 in the early models and 5.0 V12 in the late cars, if you want me to put you in contact with a guy from the TEC, drop me a PM or Email,

Bob.

http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/toyota/century/

Hello Bob,

Thanks for the e-mail, you are right about respect I have seen a few of these been driven in Japan by people with tight perms and half there little finger chopped off, they park where ever they want and I have seen the car parking attendents just bow and let them park where they want so the Mafia are a fan of this model. You also see the odd business man sat in the back of them.

Although a dealer (in campers not cars) I do like stuff like this I have been to Japan many times and always looked at these always said to myself "gota get one of these" Nissan make a similar model called a President again looks like a 70's retro style car. I think when it arrives I will get the rear windows darkened and get a little Japanese flag on the bonnet !

Would be great if you could put me in touch with other owners. My e-mail is David @ wellhouseleisure.com I have some family and freinds who want to drive the Century when I get it back with a view to getting them one so you never know there might be a few more on the roads with a bit of luck.

Cheers David.

Hi David, first of all, nice car. I have a quick question for you about the feasibility ofimporting older Japanese cars...do you know the costs and regulations involved? Over on the www.retro-rides.com forum we're always drooling over stuff for sale on Yahoo auctions and although I'm sure none of us would be making immediate purchases it would be nice to know what's involved.

The sort of stuff we're on about is in these threads:

http://retrorides.proboards29.com/index.cg...read=1124876094

http://retrorides.proboards29.com/index.cg...read=1121967569

is this the thing where absolutely EVERYTHING is electric and powered, putting most top end mercs and stuff to shame

Hi all Re importing,

I own and run a motorhome business where we import and convert smaller Japanese vans, Mazda Bongos, Toyota Hiaces ETC. As all our vehicles are classed as campers we are exempt from all SVA testing ETC we can have a vehicle off a ship on a Monday morning and have it on UK plates within 3 days if DVLA are on the ball.

I go to Japan around 3 times a year and when you go to an auction with 7000 vehicles it takes an hour to look at the campers ETC and then you wait to bid so I have loads of spare time looking at all the weird stuff we don't get over here.

With importing cars the rules are different as if its under 10 years old you have to SVA it ETC which is a nightmare and more hassle than its worth so one is restricted to cars at 10 years old. On previous trips I have bought GT4's WRC and a Supra. I much prefer older cars you can't loose a fortune on them and there more fun. I drive a 95 Toyota Hiace super custom 3.0TD on a daily basis but can't wait to drive round in the Century for a while.

Hi David, first of all, nice car. I have a quick question for you about the feasibility ofimporting older Japanese cars...do you know the costs and regulations involved? Over on the www.retro-rides.com forum we're always drooling over stuff for sale on Yahoo auctions and although I'm sure none of us would be making immediate purchases it would be nice to know what's involved.

Hi David, "what a small old world  :thumbsup: ", i'm also a member of the TEC ( Toyota Enthusiast Club, and two members own the  Century model, one is an 1984 , the other a 1997 example, both in Black, although i've seem photo's of white examples.

As you say in your advert, used by the top Japanese businessmen, out in japan if your driven round in this motor, you are a much respected  person.

4.0 V8 in the early models and 5.0 V12 in the late cars, if you want me to put you in contact with a guy from the TEC, drop me a PM or Email,

Bob.

http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/toyota/century/

There's another TEC memeber in Donegal Ireland with a Century; it's silver/champagne colour. Amazing amount of standard toys inside.

Al

• 4 months later...

hi bob i saw one of those for sale today, so i bought it.come have a look at my century.cheers steve

hi bob i saw one of those for sale today, so i bought it.come have a look at my century.cheers steve

Don't tell me ..its a black one :D ....i'll be in touch :thumbsup: .

no bob its a dark blue one aug 1994.very near mint 74000 km on clock, and a button for every day of the year.i'll probally stick it on eBay soon.it has a lot of features i have never seen on a car.

no bob its a dark blue one aug 1994.very near mint 74000 km on clock, and a button for every day of the year.i'll probally stick it on ebay soon.it has a lot of features i have never seen on a car.

Its a very rare motor in the UK ,so it should sell well :thumbsup: .

Great looking motor Steve, good luck with the sale ,she's a very rare motor :thumbsup:

80_12_sb.JPG

Does anyone know if there are any V12 Century's over here in the UK?

I'm interested in buying one and am wondering if anyone over here even has one yet?

I'm interested in buying one and am wondering if anyone over here even has one yet?

The only one i know of belongs to a TEC member Dan Kelly.

This is the one..

century.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

There was one advertised on eBay about a year ago. It was owned by the Japanese embassy in London. I believe the buyer was not genuine so no idea if it sold or not

• 11 years later...

Hi there --

Recently purchased a 1991 Toyota Century, and was hoping I could connect with someone who has owned/knows about these cars.

Have a few questions/issues that I'd like to talk through (cannot for the life of me find a manual in English).

Can be reached at mrindone@jmprpublicrelations.com.

Cheers,

Matt

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hello Everyone,

I am in the states and we have a 25 wait rule. I can get a 1993 V8 now or I can wait until 2022 and get a 1997 with the V12. Is there much difference in the 2, are they expensive to maintain, and is someone here in the USA able to work on them? Any info will help. Thank you. P.S. I currently have 26 available from 1985 to 1993 at one location.

• 8 months later...

Hi,

I am looking into importing a Century to Germany. 

Could any of the owners chime in on how they behave at higher speeds? Has anyone taken their's up to 90 or even 110 mph?

I might opt for the 2018 version, but am still interested in opinions on the older models. 

Especially how quiet the car is on the inside at higher speeds 🙂

thanks

till

• 3 weeks later...

Hey fellow Century enthusiasts,

I am going to import a 2019 century.

I found a very nice import office in Japan, that could import the new century to any destination 😉

There is a group rebate involved... The next batch of ordering slots opens up in November, delivery would be in April 2019. Feel free to contact me, if you want in on the deal. I am very excited for this 😄

Karlss0n from Berlin. 

12 minutes ago, Karlss0n said:

The next batch of ordering slots opens up in November, delivery would be in April 2019.

We're in July 2019 currently.