Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Problem Got Me Foxed

24Seven

The heater is not working on my Toyota Hi-Lux 2.8 non turbo diesel 4 door pick-up (K-reg) and it's got me foxed

The Matrix is not blocked (used a garden hose and pushed through water both ways) the valve is opening, when removing the hoses either side of the matrix I get a flow, the water is hot but I only get just a little heat out of the system in the car.

Oh I have also squeezed all the hose around the system to try and remove any air locks and it's not low on water

This problem happened all of a sudden, not after any work.

I'm still absolutely stumped on this one, every test I try say's it should be working but it's not

I do have a flow through the matrix and the water is piping hot, I removed the inlet and the outlet pipes again and I have a flow.

I'm 99% sure that your normal airflow goes through the box with the matrix? The only difference is either the matrix is hot or cold, so a don't think it's anything to do with the vent controls

Can anyone think of anything else it could be? as I'm running out of idea's as everything seems ok.

Sounds as if you have been thru everything except the electrical side.

Does the heater have a fan? and is that fan working. You don't mention anything about it so I presume you have not checked it out< I.E blown fuse or fan seized up broken wire,or something like, or even faulty heater switch.

Realspeed

• 3 months later...

i'd be most interested in the answer as well my hilux has the same problem

it's a k reg 2.4 turbo diesel and all i get out of the heater is luke warm air at best i've put a new stat in it and checked for flow and the valve and the blower is working. the only thing i have noticed is the heater pipe in is hotish while the heater pipe out is only luke warm is this just a thing they do?