Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2006 Rav4

src

Looks very "corolla verso" doesn't it?!?

What a great looking motor.....oh no ,i can feel old model depreciation starting, still it can't be as bad as my old IS200 :D .

Interior picture of European 2006 RAV4 (bluetooth, Voice Controls for SatNav, Starter button, Cool looking dials and what looks like a traction control/diff button)

rav42006int10ds.jpg

And Toyota USA interior shot (Less toys but I think this is a base model, There is a DAC button with picture of what looks like Hill Descent Climb switch, US also gets better JBL Speakers and probably a nice JBL Amp to go with it like the current US 2004-2005 RAV4's)

rav4na200620an.jpg

Oh balls - now you've gone and done it - I want one - how the hell am I going to tell the missus ... :lol:

Will be interesting in how large it is in comparison to the existing one and what engines they offer - guess we won't have to wait too long for the magazines to start leaking info ...

:drool:

:drool:

Cool, I want one!!

Are they bringing out a 3 door version? Mind you, I don't like the look of this one at all.

As I remember RAV4's were originally designed to be 3 doors.

Don't think I'll be having one of these in the future.........probably go to my second choice........Jeep Cherokee/Wrangler!!

Buddha.

looks really awkward - especially the rear quarter

should have been more radical

new grand vitara - www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000880043603/ - looks interesting

however the way petrol is going we'll all be riding mountain bikes next year or running our rav's on mazola :wacko:

I would say that the pictures released so far are not the best angles they have been taken.

Come on the new Vitara is just a complete rip off of the 2001-2005 RAV4, Suzuki must have spent all of five minutes designing it as it just a copy of the RAV4 full stop, Suzuki are the ones that need to be more radical and not copy.

Spotted over on RAV4World.com some scoops pics of the new RAV4 not shown from www.autoscoops.be. Looks like no more rear mounted spare wheel, Some debate on RAV4World that the rear door still opens like the previous two RAV4's as there is handle on the lefthand side still.

toyrav41_w.jpgtoyrav42_w.jpgtoyrav43_w.jpg

toyrav44_w.jpgtoyrav45_w.jpg

New Images

20069120518jt.th.jpg2006angle0zi.th.jpg2006front0xy.th.jpg2006frontcorner5lf.th.jpg

2006rear4qi.th.jpg2006rearcorner8op.th.jpgrav4x11bv8cm.th.jpg

Three engine options for Europe it seems, Same old 2.0L (152hp) Petrol Engine, 2.2L 136hp Diesel and for the the top of the range model RAV4 X (177hp) Diesel engine. Looks like no more 3 Door model :(

Mystery is solved with the rear spare tyre, The 2.0L and 2.2L 136hp Diesel have rear spare tyre and the 2.2L 177hp Diesel has 18" Wheels with run Flat tires and has no rear spare tyre.

With the rear light clusters halfway down the rear pillar, it looks like the rear door will be another not-quite-90-degree-opening job for those with a spare wheel :(

With the rear light clusters halfway down the rear pillar, it looks like the rear door will be another not-quite-90-degree-opening job for those with a spare wheel  :(

That should keep sparkydog in business ;)

Actually like the look of it in the new pic's - how fickle am i :blink:

The new Rav4 looks a great motor from all angles :) , as my Rav is on a 4 year HP deal, maybe the new model will be a good 2nd hand buy, come 2009 :thumbsup:

Over the pond in America the new 2006 RAV4 gets a longer wheelbase with 3rd Row of seats and wait for this a 3.5L V6 with 268hp !!!!!!

photo_3.jpgphoto_2.jpg

photo_6.jpgphoto_2.jpg

WKA2005090929836_pv.jpgWKA2005090929742_pv.jpg

Got to say I would have loved the chance to by a V6 RAV4 in Europe/UK. The 2.0L Petrol just does not cut it anymore and does seem strange that the top of range is a diesel which is more powerful and faster than the petrol edition.

Was chatting to a gu at work about the new model and the new Hybrid Lexus RX400 came into topic. Apparently my mate has heard that this is being filtered down to the new RAV. Can anyone confirm this?

:wacko:

Over the pond in America the new 2006 RAV4 gets a longer wheelbase with 3rd Row of seats and wait for this a 3.5L V6 with 268hp !!!!!!

photo_3.jpgphoto_2.jpg

photo_6.jpgphoto_2.jpg

WKA2005090929836_pv.jpgWKA2005090929742_pv.jpg

Got to say I would have loved the chance to by a V6 RAV4 in Europe/UK. The 2.0L Petrol just does not cut it anymore and does seem strange that the top of range is a diesel which is more powerful and faster than the petrol edition.

Well....... i've just had a perfect idea for a road trip!! Fly out to Anchorage and get a 2006 US spec Rav4, then drive it home:-

http://www.spips.co.uk/rav4/roadtrip.jpg

should be nicely "runin" by the time I get home to manchester