Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gen 7 Turbo Conversion ?

adamsnova@yahoo.co.uk

you probably could with enough money but everyone seams to be supercharging them. IIRC funkystyling is doing the kits now

You can turbo the 140, but I heard the 190 shouldn't be turboed because the engine acts like a turbo???

Cool if they do a turbo thou :D

cheers for the advice !!!!!!!! she is already pushing 240 bhp (rolling road tested) but fancy the noise for a turbo, never mind more engine mods to be done

I'm sure a few people on here would be very interested to hear how you are making 240hp from the 2zz-ge. :eek: Are you using nitrous?

Turbocharging is more suited to normal, torquey engines. High revving peaky engines (like the 2zz-ge, and to an extent the 1zz-fe) don't work well with turbos. Supercharging is the best option for both the gen 7 engines IMO.

im running a full s/steel d/cat exhaust. HKS induction kit, and shes been re-mapped.

Sorry, but there's no way in the world that those mods will release 51hp. If you're lucky, the decat might make 10, and the remap another 10.

I put you're figure down to an optimistic dyno operator trying to please the customer. You do know that they just make up the flywheel hp figure? There is no way to accurately measure it without removing the engine from the car. Did you use a wheel dyno or a hub dyno, and do you have the wheel/hub hp figure?

Why not do a conversion like fensports corrolla best way to add big BHP.

new engine, new posibilities :thumbsup: i've seen some pretty damn quick MRS's videos from jap land so i know there's plenty of potential from these new VVTi engines :bookworm:

Agree with mikeb. Highly optimistic dyno operator. The likelyhood of your mods (without nitro) giving you 240bhp is 0.

The Blitz supercharged TRD Celica only make 240bhp, so yours has no chance of making those sort of horses as it is. Sorry

sorry to butt in but where do i get a supercharger from and how much are they?? anyone know the BHP they roughly push out??

My 140 is just sluggish and it is begging me for more power!

Fensport do them. You're looking at about £4,500. And then you need to fit it.

You'll probably get up to about 200bhp.

You may as well sell your 140, and get a 190 - work out much cheaper, not only on the car, but probably on the maintinence and insurance as well. Although having said that, I'd love to whack a supercharger in mine... :D :thumbsup:

yeah just checked them out. But out of my league for now. A 190 would be nice but the trouble is with the new Supra coming out in a year and toyota dropping the MR2, Celica and corolla there seems to be a bit of a buzz about the new supra and a new dev car they are working on. Might save my ££££ and get one of them!!

hi there yeah your probably right, but what the hell shes quick, and with alot more due this year v-happy.

But very tempted to spend some heavy cash on her ready for max power and weston wheels 2006.

only down side (she eats fuel)

Thats the problem. Bubba over on the celica-club had a turbocharged 140 and he was getting low 20's to the gallon if he was lucky!

what engine management was he using? it could have just been a rich map unless it was standard management and just an AFPR

but the trouble is with the new Supra coming out in a year

There is no new supra, and there never will be.

Toyota are making a new supercar but its most likely going to be a Lexus not a Toyota and it wont be called supra :thumbsup:

but the trouble is with the new Supra coming out in a year

There is no new supra, and there never will be.

Toyota are making a new supercar but its most likely going to be a Lexus not a Toyota and it wont be called supra :thumbsup:

I think they are working on something to replace the mr2 and celica, and possibly to compete with the 350z and rx8. It won't be sufficiently 'luxury' to merit a lexus Badge, as to compete with the 350z and rx8 it would need to cost in the mid 20k region. It wouldn't surprise me if they did call it a Supra, but I doubt it will be as much of a monster as the mk4.

The supra name has been dropped.

The supercar they are developing has quite a big engine in it. Most recient information suggests a 5ltr V10.

Will cost loads more than 20k, will be more in the 45-50 region. The UK Supra MK4 TT was over 40k new.

The supra name has been dropped.

The supercar they are developing has quite a big engine in it. Most recient information suggests a 5ltr V10.

Will cost loads more than 20k, will be more in the 45-50 region. The UK Supra MK4 TT was over 40k new.

Yes they are supposed to be bringing out a 'supercar' - the Lexus LF-A or whatever it is, as shown as a concept recently. That car will be badged as a lexus though, and cost over 40k.

But I think they are working on a more 'practical' sports car too - to compete with with the 350z and rx8. It's a massive hole in Toyota's armoury to not have a reasonably priced sports car, which traditionally they have had since the late 60's. The early Supra's were just high spec celicas, and it ended up mutating into high tech muscle car territory with the mk4. Who knows what name they will use on either of these cars.