Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ae86 Problem

tarmac terrorist

hi,

my gt coupe is leeking water.

It is comming in on the floor of the passanger footwell beside the brain!!!. It seems to be coming from behind the passanger wing.

Has anyone had any experience with this before or have any advice on how to remedy it?

Gutted mate, thats not where you want a water leak! :(

If i were you take out the carpet and see if you can see any rust holes etc! There are plenty of rubber grommets in the n/s/f footwell area for wiring looms, aerial wire etc etc! Check to see if their split aswell!

Or you could have water leaking through the windscreen seal!

Start stripping her down kid! :D

I remember years ago on one of my ae82's had the same problem - ended up being the heater matrix system leaking and wetting the passenger footwell.

Rash.

my old AE82 used to do it as well. it turned out to be the metal finishing strip at the base of the windscreen - the seal had perished, letting water underneath, and in one place it had rusted through underneath :crybaby:

dunno if AE86's have that strip, but maybe if it does just check the seal anyway, to stop the above happening