Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Removing The Factory Stereo Out Of A 2000 Cel

mrtwism

I was wondering if anyone could help me out or point me in the right direction to find instructions on removing the factory stereo out of my 2000 Celica. I don't wanna mess anything up so any tutorial or quick lists would help me out. Thanks.

Start with the panel around the gear lever, it's only held in with clips and should prise out (carefully). This should reveal two screws at the bottom of the panel around the radio. This panel is also held in with clips. Remove the screws and gently ease the whole panel out of the clips. You should now see the four screws (two either side) securing the radio bracket. Take these out and the radio will pull out complete with the bracket.

You need to use a certain amount of force to release the clips holding the panels, I can't say how much, it's just a case of experience and using common sense, if it feels like you're pulling too hard, you probably are!

If at any point you feel like you're not happy, leave it, and pay someone to do it for you. It'll probably be cheaper than having to replace a broken fascia panel!

Sorry if i sound a bit negative, but I've just met a lot of customers who've broken things and wish they'd left it alone.

SixFingeredJack

No thats a gen 6 stereo

being a 2000 model you got a gen 7 right?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links