Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help With Transfering Phonebook

jay dh

changing contract, new phone gets delivered in 6 days, the sim card i have now will store the numbers on it for another 7 days if im lucky.

is there another way instead of me writing down each phone number by hand that i can store the numbers somewhere and transfer the number to my new phone? it has bluetooth but it wont send it to my computer for some reason

cheers

Jay

If the numbers are saved to sim you should just be able to put your old sim in the new phone, select transfer from sim and it'll copy all names and numbers from your sim to your new phone! :thumbsup:

ive explained y i cant do this, there isnt time to as the sim card could be deleted before i can move it to my new phone

Try transferring the info from the simcard to the phone memory and then using the bluetooth to transfer to your computer.

Other than that you could buy a simcard reader from somewhere like Maplins

link http://www.maplin.co.uk/home.aspx search for simcard reader. :thumbsup:

About £10-00 Hope this helps

why will your sim card be deleted before you get your new phone?

Even if you dont have access to the phone network you still have access to your names and numbers!

Try transferring the info from the simcard to the phone memory and then using the bluetooth to transferre to your computer.

Other than that you could buy a simcard reader from somewhere like Maplins

link http://www.maplin.co.uk/home.aspx search for simcard reader. :thumbsup:

About £10-00  Nope this helps

they are on the phone memory and it didnt work, thanks for the info on the sim reader

Jay

Even if you dont have access to the phone network you still have access to your names and numbers!

i dont know y, just is

i dont know y, just is

Well I've had plenty of different sim cards in the past and I've never known one to be deleted when a contract ends!

i dont know y, just is

Well I've had plenty of different sim cards in the past and I've never known one to be deleted when a contract ends!

Yep :thumbsup:

You can turn it on and view your phone book/messages etc!

Just can't make/recieve any calls/messages :thumbsup:

Just SOS calls!

That's what I was thinking too - I don't even think simcards had the ability to do that.

Used to write them all down & re-enter by hand. A right pain in the ar.. er, bum!

Last time I updated my phone the Vodafone shop did it for me in a couple of seconds. No Sweat. :thumbsup:

Or you could transfer them to your computer and then transfer them to your new phone after

thats been answered

i always back my phones up with MS outlook and all new ones comply with it

so just plug in old and then transfer to the new

Try doing it from your old sim card to your new phone - your names and numbers *wont* be deleted and it should be a doddle!

Then, once they are on the phone memory you should be able to transfer them to the sim memory of your new sim (should you want to!)

Or alternatively, do what Bizarra did and go to a phone shop and they'll do it for you! :thumbsup: SORTED! :thumbsup: :D

If both your phones have bluetooth can't you just "beam" the address book between phones. I know SonyEricssons have a "Send All" option in the address book menu (but I'm not sure of other manufacturers). I've done this between old and new phones a few times in the past and even transferred all my contacts to my PDA rather than messing about.

Another thing to try is put your new sim in the old phone (assuming the old phone is unlocked or on th same network), copy all the contacts to the new sim and then put your new sim in your new phone.