Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Automatics Questions / Compass Problem

mimic

Hi,

I'm quite new to automatics, in my Prado there is a button 2nd start and ect power. Thing is the manual is in Japanese.

Could someone please let me know why andwhen these are needed to be used ? Using 2nd start does it reduce fuel consumption(don't know much about vehicle stuff).

Another problem I got is the instrument panel, the one with the compass, tachometer, etc ... the compass is an electronic one and only show N N N N all round, anyone know what to do with that ?

Thanks

Mimic

The ECt button is like a sports mode on the gear change , it will hold the gears longer giving more power and torque , good for when towing uphill .

On the compass you should have a reset button , if you have press it and the drive round in 360 deg , this should help it correct itself .

2nd start on autos is used in snowy or icy weather. The higher gear should stop the vehicle from slipping.

• 3 years later...

I have Prado TZ 2001 model and the compass recently show N N N N all round. any idea how to fix it ?

Much appreciated.

Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links