Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1 Arch Mouldings ?

_Chris_

Hi again

I wonder if anyone could :help:

I looking for a supplier of the arch mouldings for a 5 door mk1 Rav 4 please ? (& if not could anyone with a Mk1 that has the mouldings standard possibly help me out with a vin no. so I can contact Toyota for them :) )

I'm also looking for a supplier of clear front indicators for the same model (these are the front ones rather than the wing repeaters)

Thanks in advance

Chris

I saw some clear ones for sale on eBay the other day. The front ones that is.

I also saw the arches for sale, but they were for a SWB model. Do you currently have the side arch extensions, or are you looking to fit them. I must admit, they look better. I've never been keen on the mark 1 without them. Mines a VX so has them as standard, however I like the Freesport model that they did (well that's what I think it was). They are a grey/silver sort of colour and all the plastic side panel match too. Wish mine was like that.

Hi Stuart,

Great stuff I'll have a look on eBay thanks :)

Mine doesnt have the mouldings so I'm looking to fit them and then colour code the plastic trims to match. I'll give Toyota a call today & let you know how I get on.

I've managed to find the clear type cheaper ($49.98) delivered from the US (here) than buying here on eBay :thumbsup:

If anyone else wants some then let me know as we can prob save some on the delivery :)

The arch mouldings from Toyota are £217+vat :eek: so I think I'll keep an eye on the breakers yard I think !

Think the painted ones have a different surface finish though. Mine are very rough, so would take a lot of prepping.

That's a good point Stuart.

I'll probably paint them keeping the textured surface when (& if) I get them as I intend to colour code the door mouldings too then they should all look the same.

It will look a lot different just with the black arch mouldings to start with. They make a big difference to the appearance of the car.

You must post some pics if you get it done though, am keen to see what it will look like. :thumbsup:

Hi all, ivejust purchased a set of arch extenders for my mk1 rav4, i havent fitted them yet. They cost £109.00 from formula4x4, only had a quick look in the box, but they look black and smooth (i thought they would be rough/bumpy like the originals)....dont know if ill colour code them yet....cant decide!Will let you know more tomorrow.

Goodnight all

I've just purchased a set of arch extenders for my mk1 rav4, i havent fitted them yet

It'd be great if you could get some pics of them up when they're on :)

HI, yes im from staffs!!!!....i guess we're just lucky :unsure: anyway, i have fitted the wheel arch thingys this weekend, and they are great, not black as i originally thought, but a perfect match to the dark grey mouldings on the rav....no drilling required to fit them. They are a iitle bumpy/rough and would easily colour match without too much work/effort. I am dead chuffed and have decided i like them the way they are so wont be colour coding them.

When i have sussed out how to add a picture i will add one......will have a look at that later today.

Andi

To get a picture up, just go to www.photobucket.com and store the pictures there. Then you can link to them off this site, so they show up in the text of your message then. :thumbsup:

excellent lads, im after the front repeaters too already got the side ones off eBay for 2 quid, and does anyone know where you can get the extra widee side mouldings for the arches i want to change mine to something abit more beefy,

regards

Lee

PS its a MK1 94 ex demo

I'm waiting on the pics of the mouldings on Andrea's car before taking the plunge, hopefully they'll be a decent alternative to the genuine Toyota parts which retail at £217 +vat.

And the clear front indicator scan be found here :)

I'm waiting on the pics of the mouldings on Andrea's car before taking the plunge, hopefully they'll be a decent alternative to the genuine Toyota parts which retail at £217 +vat.

And the clear front indicator scan be found here  :)

They look well smart :D .

Wheel arch extenders !!! aaargh... :censor:

I was fortunate enough to run into a fiesta several months ago, and had the repairs carried out, but the garage & the local Toyota dealer have turned their backs after having problems finding the wheel arch extenders (bit annoying as it was not my falut)

They say that mine were after market items, fitted by the original dealer, but not Toyota.

I have now bought the £109 set from formula4x4, but am not happy as they are no where near as big as the current ones (I like the current ones !, they are big and cool)

I have spoken to another Toyota dealer who say £220+, and no returns if they are wrong, or not the right ones.

I have emailed lots of breakers & searched the net, with no joy.

The logo on the rear of the original ones appears to be G Berman, but I cannot find a company called this ?

any ideas ??

I will add photos.

I have not fitted the £109 set yet, and may be looking to sell them on.

Nothing wring with them, just me being picky...

Wheel arch extenders !!! aaargh...  :censor:

I was fortunate enough to run into a fiesta several months ago, and had the repairs carried out, but the garage & the local Toyota dealer have turned their backs after having problems finding the wheel arch extenders (bit annoying as it was not my falut)

They say that mine were after market items, fitted by the original dealer, but not Toyota.

I have now bought the £109 set from formula4x4, but am not happy as they are no where near as big as the current ones (I like the current ones !, they are big and cool)

I have spoken to another Toyota dealer who say £220+, and no returns if they are wrong, or not the right ones.

I have emailed lots of breakers & searched the net, with no joy.

The logo on the rear of the original ones appears to be G Berman, but I cannot find a company called this ?

any ideas ??

I will add photos.

I have not fitted the £109 set yet, and may be looking to sell them on.

Nothing wring with them, just me being picky...

Hi Paul ,first off welcome to the TOC :thumbsup: , next ,have you got a photo of the arch on the undamaged side ,so we can keep an eye out for a set :)

I'll keep an eye open for you Knightrider. Am over nuneaton now and then, commonly around that end of the A5/ A444.

If that's your Yaris, I don't think i'll miss it! B)

I'll keep an eye open for you Knightrider.  Am over nuneaton now and then, commonly around that end of the A5/ A444.

If that's your Yaris, I don't think i'll miss it!  B)

yeah you cant miss me even if im not seen im definatley heard, and the same goes for the rav bar the noisy bit, stilll contemplating selling the yaris and using the rav for a year, :P

Well, if some strange bloke in a Rav4 similar to my Avatar beeps his horn at you and waves, then it's probably me!! :D

Hi All,

sorry i havent actually got around to taking any photos of the Rav wheel arch mouldings yet, life has been a little hectic lately....will try to get onto it this week. To add a note, formula 4x4 do sell a extra wide arch kit for the mark1 Rav, i think its near the £200.00 mark....chances are they will stock it!! they havent let me down yet!