Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scam?

Chuck04

Im selling one of my old phones on eBay, link is in for sale section, anyways for one of the phone i have just recieved this question from a seller

Hello Seller,

I love to purchase your item and have it sent to my Software Store in Lagos,Nigeria.I'll either effect payment in CASH GBP sterling or MONEY ORDER Via BIDPAY (WESTERN UNION AUCTION BIDPAY),so i'll need your payment name and address so i can inturn send it to BIDPAY for immediate payment to be delivered to you in person at your indicated address by BIDPAY.

Importantly, get me the shipping cost Via ROYALMAIL REGISTERED express delivery to Lagos,Nigeria-so payment can cover all additinal expenses.U're to include your final asking price.Also include your email address for timely payment comfort.

Get back asap..

Regards.

N.B

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MAIL IF YOUR PHONE IS NOT ORIGINAL PRODUCT.AS MY CUSTOMER IN THE LOCATION TRUST ME FOR SUPPLYING ORIGINAL PHONES.I CHERISH HONESTY AND SWIFTNESS.IMMIDIATE PAYMENT ASSURED.

seems abit dodgy to me, besides ive said i will only post to uk and im leavin it till auction ends so not following it up just curious to know what u all think !

just had an e-mail direct from eBay informing that according to their records i have either recived or sent an e-mail ( from that buyer).. warned me of a possible scam and fraud and to be cautious to them. adviced against e-mailing bac as they will want to get my e-mail and other contact details

i only wanted to sell a phone not get mixed up with fraud :censor: :angry:

western union is WELL dodgy mate stay well well away

i thought u were goin for a drive.

charlie syat well clear. i was lucky i didnt get anythin like that

western union is WELL dodgy mate stay well well away

Yep :thumbsup:

Personally avoid selling anything to anywhere foreign, not matter how much they are willing to pay!

And stick only to using paypal as they have lots of protection for you as a seller :thumbsup:

have you not been watching the nigerian scammer thread in gold :rolleyes:

LEAVE IT ALONE - I have a friend who is studying Law in Lagos and she knows these Scams backwards as they work with the Federal Authority tasked to Hunt down the Scammers.

AVOID this one.

But i remember seeing on TV a couple of months ago that OLD and UNWANTED mobile phones are in fact needed in some African countries.. definately wasn't Nigeria though, THAT i would have remembered.