Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Towing With A Lucida 2.2td

colpot

Does anyone have any advice/experience of towing with a Lucy. We have just purchased one, a 1994 G Pack 2.2TD and are considering adding a tow bar to tow a 1350kg van around europe.

HI

No problem at all, it cost us around £300 for the towbar, we tow all the time. We have not added any extra cooler or stuff like that. The vehicle will tow that weight no problem, just ensure the caravan is loaded correctly. For advice on towing go to th caravan club site, full of good stuff and useful too.

http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/

JUst drive it pretty much like normal but expect to see the fuel gauge go down a lot quicker. With a caravan on the back it eats fuel.

regards

David

Towing , no problem .... but I don't think a Previer towbar will fit. also I think the 2 wd is different to the 4WD... all to do with the location as it passes the rear axle.

Make sure the Towbar ball does not cover the number plate at all ( I had a mate who was done for towbar obscuring number plate and the feds are getting quite hot on this issue with all the ..safety..... um ...speed..... um.... "income generatring" cameras

Towing , no problem .... but I don't think a Previer towbar will fit. also I think the 2 wd is different to the 4WD... all to do with the location as it passes the rear axle.

Make sure the Towbar ball does not cover the number plate at all ( I had a mate who was done for towbar obscuring number plate and the feds are getting quite hot on this issue with all the ..safety.....  um ...speed..... um.... "income generatring"    cameras

Hi there - towing shouldn't be a problem with any of the variants, I towed a 17ft boat from North Wales to Croydon Surrey and hardly knew I was towing! You don't need any unusual mods, but make sure the cooling system is in good order as it can get clogged up and lead to bigger problems. Ours is a 2.2TDi Lucida 2wd auto, and Towequipe supplied and fitted our towbar with single electrics. Made a good job of it too!

Good luck! :thumbsup: