Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Courtesy Light Mod

stay_aliveuk

I've fitted 4 Red LED's from speeding.co.uk under the dash of our RAV 4, powered via a relay off of the ash tray supply so they come on when the sidlights are on, giving a really nice warm glow in the footwell at night - I'll be fitting some into the rear view mirror to shine down onto the gearstick area too.

Doing the interior lights to Map reading lights should be real easy, i'll give it a go but running a wire from the central interior light (switch side) to the map lights in the front should do, put this on the earth side of the map bulbs and jobs a good un?!

got any pics ?

:D

Have just tried taking some but unfortunately they don't come out too well, will try with another camera later on in the week :)

• 3 weeks later...
Paul,

Did you have any luck with the footwell lights mod?.... I had these on my old motor and miss em on the rav.

Hi mate, sorry for the delayed reply. Yes I got some footwell lamps fitted. After a bit of experimenting I fitted a couple of amber MES lampholders which I got from RS Components. It gives the footwell a really nice soft amber glow when entering and leaving the car. A good mod I feel.

I am planning (weather dependant) on fitting an amber lamp to illimunate the cup-holder area in front of the gear stick this weekend. Again, I have already experimented and found that a 6W 12Vbulb dimmed down with a 15 ohm resistor is just right. This mod works for me for two reasons, firstly to illuminate the after-market seat heater switches I fitted and secondly for the classy feel it gives at night to the car.

I have tried taking pictures but they don't show it up well, however, I can take some of the lamps in place if anyone is interested.

post them up would be interested as i have lost the use of the centre interia light having fitted the dvd player over it. The dvd player does have lights but these need to be switched on/off and do not operate via the door switchs.

stay_aliveUk Hi, i have just completed the boot light mod looks great, and have brought some lights for the footwell mod, where did you pick up the feed for these mate.

Cheers for the help

Hi mate, I picked the supply up from the light which illuminates the ignition key barrel. To get at it you need to remove the cowel around the steering wheel which is three screws and then pull the two halfs apart. Feed the cable back to behind the centre console to where the two lamps are to be fitted. No more than half an hours job feeding the cables properly.

Hope this helps

Have got the lights now so will be giving it a go sometime soon. :D

• 9 months later...
Paul,

Did you have any luck with the footwell lights mod?.... I had these on my old motor and miss em on the rav.

Hi mate, sorry for the delayed reply. Yes I got some footwell lamps fitted. After a bit of experimenting I fitted a couple of amber MES lampholders which I got from RS Components. It gives the footwell a really nice soft amber glow when entering and leaving the car. A good mod I feel.

I am planning (weather dependant) on fitting an amber lamp to illimunate the cup-holder area in front of the gear stick this weekend. Again, I have already experimented and found that a 6W 12Vbulb dimmed down with a 15 ohm resistor is just right. This mod works for me for two reasons, firstly to illuminate the after-market seat heater switches I fitted and secondly for the classy feel it gives at night to the car.

I have tried taking pictures but they don't show it up well, however, I can take some of the lamps in place if anyone is interested.

post them up would be interested as i have lost the use of the centre interia light having fitted the dvd player over it. The dvd player does have lights but these need to be switched on/off and do not operate via the door switchs.

stay_aliveUk Hi, i have just completed the boot light mod looks great, and have brought some lights for the footwell mod, where did you pick up the feed for these mate.

Cheers for the help

Hi mate, I picked the supply up from the light which illuminates the ignition key barrel. To get at it you need to remove the cowel around the steering wheel which is three screws and then pull the two halfs apart. Feed the cable back to behind the centre console to where the two lamps are to be fitted. No more than half an hours job feeding the cables properly.

Hope this helps

Hi, just getting around to fitting these as the nights are closing in. stay_aliveuk which of the cluster of wires is the right one to use buddy there are 6 wires to choose from.

Cheers