Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensi Brakes

steef

I have a 51 avensis and the rear pads are ready for changing. Having bought the pads I took wheel off to check they looked right ones. But this is first car I have had where hand-brake applies the same pads/piston (ie not seperate drum for hand-brake). Is it still a case of pushing piston back or is there a certain method to follow and do I need a special tool. Thanks for any help

Hi, yes you need a special piston wind back tool for the rear pads, I got one from a local trade place for £12.50, some places sell them cheap online as well as far as I remember. If you dont mind scraping chunks of flesh off your knuckles you can use a pair of long nose pliers, bit of a hassle though. Also some local garage might lend you one for a small deposit, worth trying I reckon.

Used the long nose pliers -10 inch. Worked fine, just needed two pairs of hands to hold caliper while pushing and turning clockwise to get piston back.

Used the long nose pliers -10 inch. Worked fine, just needed two pairs of hands to hold caliper while pushing and turning clockwise to get piston back.

Good for you, hope you get the job done with no problems. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links