Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla 1.8 Gxi Good/ Bad 20v Or Gxi

gxi

Ok have a 93 corolla 1.8 gxi i have no idea of the preformance or anything how fast are they? what kind of preformance have they? what is the bhp?????. which is faster a 20v corolla or a gxi cause i have the option of getting a 20v is it worth it though which is better :eek:

20v all day long mate!

My mum has a GXI and its a great car for her to potter to the shops in and its a good cruiser on the motorway, but performance is less than lively! My AE82 makes it look stupid, and my 20v AE86 makes then both look really stupid!

It doesnt rev hard, and its not designed to, as its a FE head, not a GE head! Designed for economey not power!

The GXI has 118bhp if your lucky!

The AE82 has 125bhpish

Standard 20v is always quoted as 160bhp in silver top form, and 165bhp black top form. But Toyota lied about the figures as in standard form they could only push 145bhp max.

But when you get rid of all the emmisions crap and fit stand alone mappable management system you can pull 160+ on either 20v! :D

The best bit of the 20v is the throttle bodies as standard! Sounds AWESOME :D

I've just got a GXi myself, and after moving from a 1.3 Corolla it feels very fast :D

I've uprated the suspension and lowered it 35mm, and it makes it handle a hell of a lot better too :thumbsup:

But as Treuno says, given the choice, its got to be the 20v any day :thumbsup:

Then again, im sure i read that the 20v engine would fit in mine :lol:

Mike

Yo,

I like the paint work on that engine, blue and black suits the 20v.

Was yours a silver top yeah? How do you reckon a black top would take to paint like that?

nice stuff,

kamran

Cheers bud! ;) I painted that all myself with aerosol and alot of laquer and cutting compund! Worked out well!

Yeah its a silver top, black top rocker cover(metal part) would take the same, but the black top cambelt covers etc wont IMO, as its not a smooth finish plastic like the silver top! But all the covers are interchangable! :D

I have a GXI and she is a great wee car around town mine is lowered by 40mm and handles like a go kart. Puts out about 118BHP but give the choice and its 20V all the way, well of course I would the 20V enigne in to my GXI *dreams* :drool:

Cheers bud! ;) I painted that all myself with aerosol and alot of laquer and cutting compund! Worked out well!

Yeah its a silver top, black top rocker cover(metal part) would take the same, but the black top cambelt covers etc wont IMO, as its not a smooth finish plastic like the silver top! But all the covers are interchangable! :D

so is it back on the road now? engine looks stunning :thumbsup:

is a gxi only 118 bhp whats tho 0-60 on that how could you boost its power

the 0-60 i've read is 9.5, on boosting its power, like the 4a-fe I dont think there is much you can do to the engine other than an induction kit, and an exhaust with it having an FE head instead of a GE head....

im not 100% on that but plenty of others will help im sure :D

Mike

is a gxi only 118 bhp whats tho 0-60 on that how could you boost its power

the 0-60 i've read is 9.5, on boosting its power, like the 4a-fe I dont think there is much you can do to the engine other than an induction kit, and an exhaust with it having an FE head instead of a GE head....

im not 100% on that but plenty of others will help im sure :D

Mike

Humm dont know what my 0-60 is but i've pop'ed on an induction kit on, so I might nip out and time it for you ;)

you up for doing the same mike ;)

Humm dont know what my 0-60 is but i've pop'ed on an induction kit on, so I might nip out and time it for you  ;)

you up for doing the same mike ;)

Suppose i could do, on a national speed limit road though of course :lol::thumbsup:

@Trueno

Don't you any problem removing the afm sensor because i saw you have left the throttles bear??

Maybe he has the best 20v made, the black top.

But then again, he has it in a ae86 so he almost certainly has a stand alone engine management system, so probbaly has it set up for MAP sensored rather then AFM regardless of silver or black top.